General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

going to sturgis?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 03:52 AM
ron bayless
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default going to sturgis?

I know its early, but I just made my hotel reservations for 3 days during the rally.1100 dollars.But its a present from my wife to me, since just before the rally I will have turned 60, and its probably a once in a lifetime rally so to me its worth it,plus she is going with me.I was amazed she is going.This outta be good.Ya'll going?

Old 01-07-2009, 05:26 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no such thing as earley. sooner you get your rooms the better sound's a little high but to each there own.but if you like to ride sturgis is the place three days is going to be short time. there is alot to do and see enjoy it is just awsome.i try to go every year i started going back in the earley 80's.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:37 AM
ron bayless
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its a nice hotel, and getting my wife to go is almost a miracle, so i want her to enjoy it.Shopping is only 1 mile from the hotel, which is one thing shewould want.Me, I would prefer buffalo chip and if i go back by myself thats what i will do.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:05 AM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by ron bayless
...Ya'll going?
Will be there several days before the rally.

On your hotel...if you have not made a non-refundable deposit or payment, watch for prices as the opening date draws near. The 2008 rally had rooms available for far less then previous years. And those rooms were available up to and through the rally.

Good luck and have a blast!

Old 01-07-2009, 06:10 AM
TattoodCaptain
Road Warrior
Received 951 Likes on 399 Posts

We'll be there. Staying at the Chip for $235 a head.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

First Sturgis, '72. I went with $150 and my brother had about $100. We were there the whole week, and went home with money in our pockets.

Beings you 'talked' her into it, GLAD you got your rooms already.
For those with 'adjustability', because of the non-refundable policies, you can snarf up on rooms for less than half, right before the rally.
Chit happens, divorce, a crash, job loss, etc. Ppl either decide they can't or jus' can't go, and want to recoup some of their $$ for the motel room.

Momma and I camp at Katmandu, jus' south of the Nat'l Cemetary out on I 90, 2 miles south. I have family and friends that live out there, and could bunk out at their places (we do the rest of the year), but we go to see the ppl we have met over the years.
Whether we go or not, depends on the economy.

3 days, you're gonna be "HUMPIN' " it, to see stuff.

But glad you are making it. (PESHALLY at YOUR age!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

Old 01-07-2009, 09:53 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

Yep, I,ll be cruising down from Alberta with a friend. My wife and his. Riding through Glacier National Park, to Idaho,s Craters of the Moon ,East to Jackson Hole, North to Yellowstone, then East to Sturgis. It will be my first time there. We will be tenting all the way , staying at Shady Valley.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:57 AM
AK47
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heading down with a few buds from Calgary as well. Stayin at the Buffallo Chip, supposedly Aerosmith is playing on the 5th, should be a good time as usual.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:00 AM
hounddog1257
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Headed over from Omaha Nebraska, would anyone be up for an organized meet like on a certain day and time at a certain place just to get all the HD Forum guys together to meet one another like Thursday at 6:00 at one eyed jacks or something like that?

Old 01-07-2009, 10:11 AM
hdkuehn
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm heading out there again this year just before the rally starts and coming home the first day. Last year was my first year and it was a blast. This year we're going to ride the hills in SD, Try to get to Devils Tower and what not in WY and somewhere in Montana as well. Should be a fun trip. Hopefully we can get more miles on this year. We rode out from MN last year and only put on about 1500 Miles.

Quick Reply: going to sturgis?