General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle beach spring rally update

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 06:56 AM
classic53
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Myrtle beach spring rally update

This is to all the people planning on attending the spring rally at Myrtle Beach area. First, it is not cancelled!!!!! It is still going to happen this year and many years after!

There is a movement within the biker family for those planning on attending the rally. What we are asking all to do is to make your reservations outside of the "city" of Myrtle Beach. Secondly, do not spend any money or visit the "city". There are roads that go around the "city" and there will be maps available at the rally. There is more than enough to do outside of the "city" for everyone to enjoy.

All vendors will be outside of the "city" spread out over the grand stand. The "city" is not going to issue any vendor permits. Horry county, which the "city" resides in, IS going to issue permits. So the vendors will be at various places along the grand strand.

Last but not least, please pass this along to all your fellow bikers, family, friends and coworkers. Ask them to assist us in this boycott. If they are planning on vacationing in that area, tell them to make their reservations outside of the "city" and to not spend any money within the "city".

We must not be intimidated by the actions of a few power hungry people!. If the "city" wishes to do this, well, we will help them. We will hurt them where it counts!

Ride safe and keep the rubber side down
07 FLHTC rider and spring rally attendee

Old 01-06-2009, 07:18 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

This would have been my 4th year going but after all the BS, we are going to Lake George for Americade this year.

Will be costing more money for accommodations but at least the city wants bikes there.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:28 AM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Myself and several friends have gone for years but have decided to never go again. Too much crap to put up with etc. It was a great venue for a bike event but if the city does not want us then we are not going. For us at least, the city area attractions was the reason to go. We are picking another event to spend our money at.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:34 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I won't be going back down there again either for any reason or any season, MB will get lots of those county funds collected, and the roads around MB will be full of roadblocks I bet, MB will get your money one way or the other.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Its called the MYRTLE BEACH RALLY. Whats the point if its not gonna happen IN Myrtle Beach?

They don't want us there...so why go? Not happening..I hope the thing falls apart and we can get something going in a place that WANTS bikers to visit them.

I'll never visit the area again..They can ROT!

Old 01-06-2009, 07:48 AM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

great! now all the noise and posturing will spread to other area's. wonderful, just wonderful!

Old 01-06-2009, 08:07 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I hope lots of people boycott....I hate crowds...LOL.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by classic53

All vendors will be outside of the "city" spread out over the grand stand. The "city" is not going to issue any vendor permits. Horry county, which the "city" resides in, IS going to issue permits. So the vendors will be at various places along the grand strand.

You might want to recheck that, because that is NOT the word on the MBBW website (quoted below) and with friends that I have that live there. They all say that Horry County has not ruled on if they will or will not issue permits yet and they are very much on the fence if they will or will not.

Statements from MBBW website:

FACTS & INFO REGARDING THE 2009 EVENTS

Have any of the rallies been cancelled? -- NO – At present Horry County has not made a ruling on issuing permits for vendors for any bike events in 2009. People are still going to come with or without the vendors in the county.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:54 PM
dynhd1
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trailfndr
Its called the MYRTLE BEACH RALLY. Whats the point if its not gonna happen IN Myrtle Beach?

They don't want us there...so why go? Not happening..I hope the thing falls apart and we can get something going in a place that WANTS bikers to visit them.

I'll never visit the area again..They can ROT!

You hit the nail on the head,,WE have been going for the last 6 years and have always enjoyed the resturants as well as the beach ,but even some of the bar areas around the inlet started asking for $5 to park (so you could go to the bar and BUY their beer,,) come on they aint getting any of my $ either,, goin to South Dakota to spend our 2 weeks

Old 01-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

All 11 of y'all going to MB have fun!

Quick Reply: Myrtle beach spring rally update