General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle beach spring rally update

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 06:15 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

calm down and let us stroke our feathers. Myrtle beach doesn't want us? Uhhh? Or is it the working tax paying folks of Myrtle beach that have had enough? Enough defined as? Dew rag idiots pissing urine in our yard, the roar/sound of some idiot doing a burn out at 3 a.m. Old grey haired morons stripping off their clothes and thinking they are sexy? Hmmmm?

Old 01-06-2009, 06:38 PM
rglay
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C'mon guys. I still have a condo within the MB city limits I'd love to rent you for Bike Week! It's right down from the Hard Rock Park that went out of business after 5 months!
I love Myrtle Beach!

Old 01-06-2009, 07:04 PM
frankjake
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badwhine
calm down and let us stroke our feathers. Myrtle beach doesn't want us? Uhhh? Or is it the working tax paying folks of Myrtle beach that have had enough? Enough defined as? Dew rag idiots pissing urine in our yard, the roar/sound of some idiot doing a burn out at 3 a.m. Old grey haired morons stripping off their clothes and thinking they are sexy? Hmmmm?
I'm sure there are many people who have never thought of it this way. I know I sure wouldn't want to live anywhere near a motorcycle rally.

On the other hand you can certainly see why so many rider would be upset. MB had accepted their money all these years and all of a sudden, don't want it? They should just cancel the entire event and move it to a city who wants it.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:34 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I'm not ever going to Myrtle Beach again,------ but I''ll bet ya a LOT of Bikers do!

Old 01-06-2009, 07:46 PM
fliphd
Tourer
Location: West central Illinois in the Mississippi river bottoms
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never been and sounds like I never will!

Old 01-06-2009, 08:08 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Consider 150,000 or more motorcycles in you neighborhood, most with loud pipes"to save lives", reving it up all day and all night. It gets old real quick.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:58 PM
pottsy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I will just wait and go to Bikes, Blues and BBQ in Arkansas in October. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone then. Go to a rally, and see my parents.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:24 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Consider 150,000 or more motorcycles in you neighborhood, most with loud pipes"to save lives", reving it up all day and all night. It gets old real quick.
and you call yourself a biker!!!!!!!!!!!! if it bothers you that much, go on vacation to NJ that week.......bet you don't stay to long!!!!!

Old 01-06-2009, 09:34 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you like bikes it won't bother you and if you don't it will as that much thunder can be heard for a mile away easy. By the same tiken think about folks that live next to an airport runway. I used to work on jets and lived just off the end of a runway for about 6 years. It didn't bother me at all but when folks came over they always asked how I could live there. It was easy, I liked it. Some folks don't care how much money the local business is making and even less about all the noise created by outsiders that don't live there. I don't generally do bike rallys simply because of all the cops and hassles.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:40 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff
All 11 of y'all going to MB have fun!
I'm guessing that their will be far more than 11 of us there. For everyone that boycotts, I'd guess a new person who has never been will show up.

Quick Reply: Myrtle beach spring rally update