General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle beach spring rally update

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:11 PM
snakeinthegrass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cancelled all my plans to attend the MB event. Saving my coins for my second trip to Sturgis. I know they enjoy bikers in that town.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:16 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

been twice, great time and not going back, Laconia 09

Old 01-06-2009, 03:31 PM
llbigbird
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by GymRat523
been twice, great time and not going back, Laconia 09
Making my first trip to Laconia this year

Old 01-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Airpump
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by classic53
This is to all the people planning on attending the spring rally at Myrtle Beach area. First, it is not cancelled!!!!! It is still going to happen this year and many years after!

There is a movement within the biker family for those planning on attending the rally. What we are asking all to do is to make your reservations outside of the "city" of Myrtle Beach. Secondly, do not spend any money or visit the "city". There are roads that go around the "city" and there will be maps available at the rally. There is more than enough to do outside of the "city" for everyone to enjoy.

All vendors will be outside of the "city" spread out over the grand stand. The "city" is not going to issue any vendor permits. Horry county, which the "city" resides in, IS going to issue permits. So the vendors will be at various places along the grand strand.

Last but not least, please pass this along to all your fellow bikers, family, friends and coworkers. Ask them to assist us in this boycott. If they are planning on vacationing in that area, tell them to make their reservations outside of the "city" and to not spend any money within the "city".

We must not be intimidated by the actions of a few power hungry people!. If the "city" wishes to do this, well, we will help them. We will hurt them where it counts!

Ride safe and keep the rubber side down
07 FLHTC rider and spring rally attendee
Sounds gooooooooooood to me, I always stay at Oceanside Village in Surfside. Don't plan on spending one red cent in myrtle beach.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:58 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try Harley Rendezvous in June 26-27-28, in New York (upstate) instead:

http://www.rendezvousmemories.com/Al.../Main_2007.htm

its one week after Laconia (June 13-21) and great scenic riding between the 2 areas.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:13 PM
THABULL
Road Master

I really don't understand why anybody gives a rats a$$ about MB anyway. Why not go to the mountains and actually ride!

Old 01-06-2009, 04:21 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Never again! Been there, done that, and they ain't getting another cent from me!!! Let em have what they want, and I hope they all go broke!!

Old 01-06-2009, 05:22 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John TN
I won't be going back down there again either for any reason or any season, MB will get lots of those county funds collected, and the roads around MB will be full of roadblocks I bet, MB will get your money one way or the other.
My line of thinking, too...my MB plans are simple...I'm not goin' back now or ever...there's too many other places that welcome me, my bike and my $$...

Old 01-06-2009, 05:30 PM
codyshop
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by classic53
This is to all the people planning on attending the spring rally at Myrtle Beach area. First, it is not cancelled!!!!! It is still going to happen this year and many years after!

There is a movement within the biker family for those planning on attending the rally. What we are asking all to do is to make your reservations outside of the "city" of Myrtle Beach. Secondly, do not spend any money or visit the "city". There are roads that go around the "city" and there will be maps available at the rally. There is more than enough to do outside of the "city" for everyone to enjoy.

All vendors will be outside of the "city" spread out over the grand stand. The "city" is not going to issue any vendor permits. Horry county, which the "city" resides in, IS going to issue permits. So the vendors will be at various places along the grand strand.

Last but not least, please pass this along to all your fellow bikers, family, friends and coworkers. Ask them to assist us in this boycott. If they are planning on vacationing in that area, tell them to make their reservations outside of the "city" and to not spend any money within the "city".

We must not be intimidated by the actions of a few power hungry people!. If the "city" wishes to do this, well, we will help them. We will hurt them where it counts!

Ride safe and keep the rubber side down
07 FLHTC rider and spring rally attendee
The whole idea of a boycott is to be nowhere near the rally, period.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:02 PM
wildman67
Extreme HDF Member

Never been. when is it this year?

Quick Reply: Myrtle beach spring rally update