General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost hit by elderly asian illegal!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 01:57 AM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Or this guy...

Old 01-04-2009, 07:18 AM
sctusa
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadkingfatboy
From your experience who is the worse drivers bikers have to worry about? Elderly people, Asian or Illegals?
All the above and everyone else too!!!
Since anyone can make a mistake at any given moment, me included!!!

Old 01-04-2009, 07:44 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

A couple of months ago, on the same day, I was riding and a woman behind me
(I couldn't really tell her age?) switched lanes accelerated past me got back in my
lane and turned two blocks later (AND I WAS ALREADY GOING 5MPH OVER THE POSTED
SPEED LIMIT!) wanted to follow her and do a little yelling and screaming but I just
flipped her off instead. THEN less than 3 miles later an elderly man with a handicap
sticker hanging from his rearview mirror nearly pulled out in front of me.

SO, I don't think age, sex, or race plays as much a factor as a dumbass that's in a hurry
to get nowhere as it seemed to me to be the case with these two drivers that day.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:57 AM
sparky1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Young girls and elderly people,young girls not paying attention and the elderly who don't realize that a bike can't stop on a dime like car can.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:10 AM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't trust any driver, so I am cautious around them all. That being said, if I see a BMW my antenna goes way up. I've found that they almost always drive like D-Bags and could care less about their surroundings.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:16 AM
RideDglide
Tourer

Originally Posted by SeniorChief56
Here in San Diego ,,,,,,,,the ones with Texas plates always scare me
Nothing against our good neighbors from AZ, but exercise care around ones aiming towards the beaches.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:33 AM
amike
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aggro_jo
i think the most unskilled drivers on the road are the clowns on the harleys driving around with their klan hoods on. oh wait, you dont wear them in public, you just spew this $hit on the web.

grow up.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:00 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

The correct answer to the question: male drivers under the age of 25 are the worst drivers on the road!! Why, look at their insurance rates, insurance companies have been doing this ever since there was insurance. Trying to figure out who is the most risk, trying to figure out how to group people. If they though asians were high risk they'd charge them a premium, last I heard they pay normal rates (unless they're male under 25).

Having said that.... everytime I'm cut off, or someone closes a gap and won't let a car merge in, I look at the person driving. 9 times out of 10 it's a woman driver. This is sort of an informal survey I do, I've been doing this for years, and I usually illustrate my point to my wife. When I see a driver do something dumb, I say, I bet it's a woman driver, once I catch up , it usually is.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:02 PM
cactus789
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Bumbobee
Immigrants are basically the worst, more specifically from Asia, Africa, or India/Pakistan and the sorts. They immigrant to Canada from their countries, generate fake licenses, and automatically are granted a license here to drive without having to take any educational driving courses (not that it would help anyways because the education here is ****).

I had one guy tell my dad he used to ride elephants in India, lol.
Wow what a ignorant post. I'm glad narrow minded views like yours are in the minority. In Canada we are only 1 or 2 generations from being an immigrant, how soon we forget.... I'm glad people like my great grandfather and my great uncles who immigrated here and fought in the wars and died so that we have the freedom to say what we want..even if it is narrowed minded bigoted craplike like what you spew. Remember the mind is like an umbrella it works best when its open....

Old 01-04-2009, 01:57 PM
ricoman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastjoe
Almost every time I have come close to being run into by a cager it has been a white person on a cell phone between the ages of 30 and 50.

(Can't be sure on the ages, I didn't pull them over and ask to see their drivers licenses. I sure would of liked to have though.....then cut their drivers license up infront of them. )
those would be really old cell phones