General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost hit by elderly asian illegal!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 06:48 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 17,581 Likes on 5,091 Posts

Here in San Diego ,,,,,,,,the ones with Texas plates always scare me

Old 01-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Roadkingfatboy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok we narrowed it down to people (Of ALL colors , backgrounds, origins, sexes) that don't pay attention and that will run anybody off the road to get to their destination. I was merely stating a FACT, about who almost hit me. Like I stated earlier, I doubt she was an illegal, they usually come here the right way and at least try to speak english. That's not racist that's a fact. I am sorry I mentioned illegal. GEE WHIZ

Old 01-03-2009, 07:35 PM
laz
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 9,623 Likes on 3,437 Posts

Hate to sound like John Rocker here (does anyone even remember him????) but 90% of the time, Asian females are behind the absolute DUMBEST $hit I've ever seen anyone pull in a four-wheeled vehicle. The most recent was a few weeks ago, while getting off I-85 onto I-285 in Atlanta. Two right lanes exit to Buford Highway, two left lanes become entrance onto I-285. Mamma-san is in the far left lane for I-285, obviously doesn't know which way she wants to go, so she comes to a DEAD STOP in the middle of merging highway traffic to ponder it awhile. I swerved around her, as did several other vehicles. About a quarter mile down the road, I glanced in my rearview, and she had managed to move over one lane and come to another dead stop, with traffic continuing to swerve around her.

Not hatin', just saying what I've observed. This was only one example; like I said, 90% of the culprits seem to me to be Asian females.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:36 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff
The worst drivers are the elderly and teens.

By that statement, almost everyone who rides an HD is a horrible driver considering the vast majority are 50+.

I can say that, Im 29 (at least untill next Wednesday.)

Old 01-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Boo67
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sonar_chris
By that statement, almost everyone who rides an HD is a horrible driver considering the vast majority are 50+.

I can say that, Im 29 (at least untill next Wednesday.)
Ohhh...calling 50+ ELDERLY, lol...

Old 01-03-2009, 07:53 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Boo67
Ohhh...calling 50+ ELDERLY, lol...
Well, they aren't spring chickens anymore.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:15 PM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say you got lucky, you didn't get hit, just be thnkfull and be carefull. Now lets stir some other pot.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

Anyone who can't see over the steering wheel scares me!

Old 01-03-2009, 08:23 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Medicfrost
YOU ARE ALL WRONG!!! Lost tourists in Orlando are easily the worst drivers. I want to video tape them and post it on You Tube. I'd rather drive in a third would country than drive around the theme parks. They read maps, talk on cell phones, yell at their kids, eat McDonalds all at the same time while driving, then they realize they missed their turn, and swerve like they have some chance of making the entrance to Disney, taking out anyone in their way with their rented mini vans. Then many of them are from England, where they drive on the other side of the road, which adds into their confusion. Driving to the liquor store in the tourist area around Disney World is like trying to reach the exhaust port on the Death Star. Forget the Tail of the Dragon, try to survive the ears of the Mouse!!!
really sorry dude, I was hungery, kids and wife were yelling at each other, I was trying to read the map and you are right almost did miss my exit. Hey we had a great day once we made it into the park.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tlb
really sorry dude, I was hungery, kids and wife were yelling at each other, I was trying to read the map and you are right almost did miss my exit. Hey we had a great day once we made it into the park.
I don't think it was you, because you didn't mention being on the phone.