General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I was "shocked" !

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 11:04 PM
haztaz
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meveratt
Wow, I'm glad someone else caught this too. Thanks BP. FLHXXHLF does nothing but b*tch, and put down others who may have different opinions, with the most awful grammar....

I'm sure this guy has to be a troll.

I second that!

FLHXXHLF maybe you'd be better off to sell your harley to someone that will appreciate. Then go buy yourself a metric. But you'll probably start to bad mouth them too! It must be tough being you. Best of luck to you.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Harleys are not about speed or power. They're about comfort, class, quality, heritage... they're a lifestyle in a way. A H-D is a member of the family in most cases. Something to be intensely proud of and a machine that will give you endless smiles and hours of enjoyment year in and year out. In that regard they annihilate any other bike.

There's a reason why every one of those "other" bikes try to copy H-D...

If you wanna go fast ride a crotch rocket.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Trex
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I doubt the guy owns a Harley,he sounds like an idiot,like someone else said if he thinks the bike is a dog he doesn't know how to turn the throttle.And I wish some of you other guys would stop with the excuses about yea Harleys are slow but---.What was that he said about why can't Harley make a water cooled bike?What the hell is a Vrod? It will eat any of the Jap cruisers on the market. And if my 03 Superglide would be beat by any other cruiser it would be so close who cares?One more thing,dude if your wife is the boss that explains everything else.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:37 AM
FXSTDSE2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if your wife made you get it and you are beyond disappointed with it, maybe you should kick them both to the curb!

Old 01-02-2009, 01:27 AM
maskedstranger
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got a Harley, not to go fast, or to have a huge engine. I got my Harley because it is so much more. It is American Tradition, Camaraderie, Pride and knowing that you don’t have the fastest, biggest bike out there, but damn, that Harley sure is cooler than the fastest biggest bike. Anyone who owns a Harley knows this, maybe you should go hang with you buddies and leave this forum alone. Almost smells like a troll to me.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:41 AM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer

I would be willing to bet harley sits around and reads threads like this and laughs. Let's see, our bikes are antiquated, slow, they vibrate to much, technology challenged , yet we have a buyer base that wants us to go even further back and not change. CHA CHING !!! $$$$$
Around two weeks ago I started a thread about Harley VS post. Got tons of Harley riders saying metrics are ok. But when you start a thread about the facts of a harley, you get attacked and flamed. Called "Troll ". Now I fully see why everyone else calls it "drinking harley coolaid" and "the mother ship". Cause you guys are blind to the facts and refuse to see it. That's cool. If it's what you like. But im here to tell you. Harley's losing customers by leaps and bounds while the metric market is making bank listening to its customers. So the next time you crank that vibrator up and realize you have the slowest overpriced antiquated motorcycle that's the most efficient way of turning gas into noise in the world, be proud. Cause no one else does understand !
As for myself, all i would like to see is harley stepping up to the plate and use all the technology possible and build a motor that's liquid cooled and has competitive power and torque. They make way to much money on mods. That's all I hear on this site is having to modify a motorcycle that's already overpriced. Who would of ever thought marketing could be this strong. Im outa here. Ride safe guys.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:55 AM
ubreal
Road Master
Received 184 Likes on 98 Posts

One day I was in a metric dealer and I tap on the curser bike all I felt was plastic went home and tap on my bike I felt heavy metal; yes, you get what you pay for. Beside who wants to go fast if you hit a tree at 20 mph your dead!!!!

Old 01-02-2009, 02:04 AM
cdale976
Road Master

all i know is at 80mph, two up, I'm happy and life is good. could care less how anyone else looks or feels about what i ride.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It'll go fast enough to kill you in a New York second. If all I wanted was fast I'd buy a metric, but that's not what Harleys are about. No other motorcycle has the cache of HD. None have a closer fraternity.
If HD would bow to people like you they would redesign thier motor and put in water pluming, but thats not what the faithful want and they know it. They could do it if they wanted to.
A metric rider once asked my why HD didn't make the big twin with a unit construction with the tranny & motor enclosed together. I said : "they don't want to"!
Marsh
PS: those jappers may go fast, quicker, and look like a harley doing it but they
ain't Harleys. Don't even sound like em, hard as they try.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:16 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
It's been years sense I rode beside a metric cruiser . I bought my Harley about two years ago. I didn't shop the metric market. Didn't care. I wanted a Harley Davidson. I thought , surly with that sound and look, these bikes will run. Well I joined a riding group in our city which is predominately metric. I thought , well iv got the harley with it's mod's. Im one bad biker. It blew me away when I looked around and most the metric cruisers have more ci than harley and a LOT more torque. Water cooled. Smooth and look good. Well im here to tell you those metrics will walk on a harley. Pissed me off to no end. I love my bike but this is BS. Harley is one of the most well known motorcycles around the world and now , the slowest cruiser in the cruiser line. So where was Harley Davidson while the cruiser market pass the hell out of them ?????
Has anyone else noticed this ?
But when all you guys make a PIT STOP, WHOSE BIKE is every one LOOKING at ? HA ,HA, I think you have the answer.

Quick Reply: I was "shocked" !