General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I was "shocked" !

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 07:37 PM
RexBuck
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
Let's be careful with the assumption that I want or would ride a metric or think my harley second best. All im saying is I sure wish Harley would step up to the plate and build a engine with power. I can tell you a lot of riders are losing THAT RESPECT thing about the harleys. There starting to see it as a SLOW BIKE.
That's my point - if you want more power, etc, get one of the other bikes or beef up your engine or whatever . . . just stop whining about it.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Look at things this way...Can you travel at the posted speed limits? Can you get from point A to point B? Do you enjoy the ride?

Then what the hell do you need more speed for? You can only go so fast unles you are on a track, and those kids out there on thier fast little metrics, feel no fear (total stupidity in many cases)

Personally, I keep with traffic anywhere in this country. I don't need more speed for anything.

Like others have said, I'll ride with nearly anyone, unless they do something stupid...

Old 01-01-2009, 07:39 PM
amike
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
Let's be careful with the assumption that I want or would ride a metric or think my harley second best. All im saying is I sure wish Harley would step up to the plate and build a engine with power. I can tell you a lot of riders are losing THAT RESPECT thing about the harleys. There starting to see it as a SLOW BIKE.
People who have ridden Harley's most or all their life could care less about being the fastest. Respect, Power, big engine has nothing to do with in. And as far as metrics go, they will always be nothing to me but jap junk. Throw away motorcycles.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Beercan321
Tourer

Harley is definitely behind the times as far as motorcycle technology goes. If someone argues that fact they are dead wrong. Regardless, most people buy Harleys because they are an American icon and well made. I definitely notice the inadequacies of my Road King when I ride with metric bikes but I honestly don’t care. Harleys are not known for their power or handling but people love them anyway. I used to ride a Honda. It had more power and definitely handled better but I wouldn’t trade my Road King for anything. Harley is probably not the bike to own if you constantly compare the spec’s from different manufacturers. I wish Harley would incorporate some of the technology that the metric / euro bikes have but I don’t see it happening. If you want the latest technology then Harley is not for you. If you want a solid well made bike that rides like a Cadillac on the highway then you won’t find a better bike then Harley Davidson.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:51 PM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trailfndr
Look at things this way...Can you travel at the posted speed limits? Can you get from point A to point B? Do you enjoy the ride?

Then what the hell do you need more speed for? You can only go so fast unles you are on a track, and those kids out there on thier fast little metrics, feel no fear (total stupidity in many cases)

Personally, I keep with traffic anywhere in this country. I don't need more speed for anything.

Like others have said, I'll ride with nearly anyone, unless they do something stupid...
HERE DUDE LETS TAKE YOUR POST AND DEAL WITH IT. Your freakin harley couldn't get out of it's way if it had to. Let me explain. With my other bikes encluding my bigdog chopper, i could hit the throttle and it would move fast to get out of the way of a car or what have you. When i got my FLHX, that freakin thing couldn't move fast enough to get away from a lady that i just shot the bird and she got in front of me and hit those breaks. If i had been on any of my other bikes, i could of moved faster and got out of the way. I love power and torque. thats why i bought a motorcycle in the first place. Not to get from point A to B but to get there with power and torque. i enjoy feeling it. Not wishing i had it. I feel Harley should sue all the technology possible to build a strong engine. Not one you have to do 12 stages just to have power and make their pocketbook fat. Hype ! Theyve got people with this lifestyle talk. WHAT FREAKIN LIFE STYLE ? IT'S A DAM BIKE .

Old 01-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Moki Doug
Tourer

If you dont like Harleys why dont you just put your head back up your azz and go away.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:00 PM
sctusa
Road Captain

Originally Posted by SleeplessinVegas
How fast you wanna go? It's a HD. Just love it for what it is.

Well said...
How fast ya gotta go to die?
I think my Heritage would go fast enough...But at least I would go in style on a bike I wanted and got!!!

There's HD class and then all the rest!

Old 01-01-2009, 08:04 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

If it's all about performance and design, then how is it that H-D has come to be the most coveted of bikes in the very place where "metric cruisers" are designed and (many of them) made? How is it that H-D has expanded their market share 4-fold over the last 18 years, in Japan's depressed economy? And why, oh why do these "metric cruisers", in many cases, have an H-D counterpart that they uncannily resemble?

Find the answers to these questions, my friend, and you will find the answers to yours. You may even find the answer to why you yourself bought a Harley instead of a "metric cruiser", in the questions above.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:05 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

What is hard for me to understand is the fact that this is supposedly a Harley Davidson Forum and there are folks on here constantly bashing Harley Davidson. Then, when they are called on it, they take the heat and scream like someone is standing on their Johnson.
And the moderators evidently condone it because they say nothing.
Strange. Very strange indeed.
There's probably not this much Harley bashing on the metric nets!!

Old 01-01-2009, 08:06 PM
soundman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hover
Dont let it get you down, I just came from a metric bike myself, and yes they are nice modern fast machines but I think the Harley is a beautiful machine. I cant go back now. Im hooked on my Ultra.
+100
Hooked on my Ultra too. It's just a Harley thing.

Quick Reply: I was "shocked" !