General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I was "shocked" !

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 11:55 AM
eyefrgt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just enjoy your bike or sell it and get one you will be happy with. I have a feeling you will be trading your bike in on a regular basis until you realize this is my bike and it is what I want.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:00 PM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
It's been years sense I rode beside a metric cruiser . I bought my Harley about two years ago. I didn't shop the metric market. Didn't care. I wanted a Harley Davidson. I thought , surly with that sound and look, these bikes will run. Well I joined a riding group in our city which is predominately metric. I thought , well iv got the harley with it's mod's. Im one bad biker. It blew me away when I looked around and most the metric cruisers have more ci than harley and a LOT more torque. Water cooled. Smooth and look good. Well im here to tell you those metrics will walk on a harley. Pissed me off to no end. I love my bike but this is BS. Harley is one of the most well known motorcycles around the world and now , the slowest cruiser in the cruiser line. So where was Harley Davidson while the cruiser market pass the hell out of them ?????
Has anyone else noticed this ?
So why are you here? Go to the metric boards where the rice rockets are discussed.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:07 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
Man that's one messed up avatar. WOW !

Guy's guy's guys....I've even posted where i admitted i was only entertaining myself for a day on here. Come on, get real. I've owned harley's all my life. You couldn't pay me to ride or own a metric clone motorcycle. I just knew what to yank your chain with. It's been fun. LMAO . And I busted my butt to buy my harley. No woman bought it for me.

Some people's buttons are so easy to mash.

Now im off to find a good price on some D&D fat cat's . Have a good weekend. Let's ride !

Last edited by PigInaBlanket; 01-03-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:10 PM
DMJFatboy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I was going for speed I'd ride a crotch rocket. I enjoy just cruising. What better to do it on than a HOG?

Old 01-03-2009, 12:18 PM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
Oh, so I'm supposed to read 30 pages of you jerking each other off to play along. Sure.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:20 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BigG2009FLHRC
Oh, so I'm supposed to read 30 pages of you jerking each other off to play along. Sure.
What?
The picture was meant for the original dipsh!t poster.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:26 PM
shoveldog
Tourer
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by honestbob
They get their torque at about twice the RPMs as a harley. Maybe you made a mistake buying a hog. they are not for everybody!
That a big 10-4 on that! I had bought a new Yamaha Royal Star in 2005 and had no plans to replace it. My latest HD, which I've had about a year, was a gift basically. I began putting some miles on the RKC, and found I had to change out the Rinehart exhaust; just too darn loud for me. Once I did that, there was no looking back. The Royal Star quickly became tougher to ride, as the power came on much @ higher revs. After a few miles on the Harley, the Star was hard to launch. It also outweighed the HD by close to 100# which is no small thing either. The other thing is that as much as I liked the Yamaha, it didn't have much personality, something the Road King has in spades. I'll keep the Harley, thank you.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:58 PM
amike
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by haztaz
Time for this to be put to bed! Lets us all do ourselves a favor and not post anymore to his threads. He's here for one reason only and that's just to tick us off.
They aint listening.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:15 PM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Been with Harley since 1970 or so , no reason to change ...

So what if they aint the fastest or torquiest .. I dont study what the other people make cause they dont have nothing I want .. Lotsa cubes and low rpm is one of the reasons they're easy to ride and why the last ..

And I can still get parts for all of em from the 52 to the 71 to the 77 to the 08 ..

Solution is simple , dont like it , get rid of it , and hopefully it'll find a home where it can be appreciated ..

Old 01-03-2009, 05:27 PM
DMcBiker
Cruiser

I didn't buy a Harley for speed or for HP, I bought one because it's a Harley, nuf said. Maybe you should buy a Honda and join the rice rocket Forum....

Quick Reply: I was "shocked" !