General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I was "shocked" !

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Boneyard Blue
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful!
And stop showing off by washing your bike...

My bike would turn into a popsicle if I tried washing her now.

Can't wait till I retire so I can move to a warmer climate. Another 20 years or so..... (now depressed).

Originally Posted by MATUCHI
Thanks. It is a nice bike, but it doesn't have the soul that my old FXST has. Both below on wash day.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did your HD suffer some sort of power reduction after you bought it or did you buy it with the horsepower it currently has?

Old 01-02-2009, 02:30 PM
llbandit
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
WHEN A MAN TALKS ABOUT ANOTHER MOTORCYCLE OTHER THAN HARLEY, IT DOESN'T MEAN HE COMMITTED HARLEY ADULTERY AND YOU NEED TO BURN HIM AT THE STAKE MR WICKER MAN.

God... I love ya dude... got a new batch of popcorn goin' and enjoyin' the show. You jest keep on slammin' 'em you ol' Mr... you...
By the way, if ya run out of the Mr. stuff, you could always fall back on the 'Yo Momma's so Fat' stuff. If ya need help with it jest let me know.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:37 PM
MATUCHI
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by barjbar
That sure looks like fun - the racing school. Nothing like that here. I take the advanced riding class every year for practice. It's always enjoyable also.
There are classes available to let you ride your own motorcycle; as long as it will pass tech inspection. I spent ten hours in the classroom and track, as well as an hour or so in emergency braking drills. I logged 120 miles on the track and left a much improved rider. It was the best $300 I have ever spent to go faster. Instead of making my bike faster, I made myself faster. By the end of the day I was passing more riders than were passing me, and you can see there are some sportier bikes in the picture below. Go if you ever get the chance. I'm the guy in the back waving to my wife who took the pictures. Sorry to hijack this thread...........

Old 01-02-2009, 03:00 PM
klap
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 122 Posts

..I ride a Triumph Rocket III..it's damn sure faster than most Harleys..and it's a whole lot of fun..but it's about as reliable as a hand grenade getting ready to explode..ya never know what's gonna go next..and the mods for it are more expensive too..that being said, I've got one more mod I wanna do to it..this summer I'm gonna turn it into a Road Glide..lol..it's all in whatever ya want..ride safe..

Old 01-02-2009, 03:07 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
Statistics show the majority of motorcycle riders including harley riders will keep a bike on average of five years max. Think about it. A people so worried about image like the harley group are, do you actually think their going to keep a bike for ten years plus ? I think not, or else we would see tons of old harleys running around. We don't. I noticed in Daytona that you were lucky to see an old motorcycle. Harley is about image. American bad *** heritage, while harley outsource's almost every part overseas. Now that's ingenues marketing.
Obviously those metric riders are pretty concerned about image, all you ever hear from them is "looks just like a Harly, Sounds just like a Harly". Man I don't give a damn what any body rides. I've been riding a 94 Low Rider since 94. Sold it last year to my best friend when he got back from Baghdad and got a 2008 Dyna Fat Bob. Great motorcycle BTW. If you want to ride one those disposable motorcycles, go ahead. I'll bet their are a lot more 20 year old Harly's still on the road than all the metrics combined.

Do you really ride an HD, or are you pretending so you could start all this.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:13 PM
MATUCHI
Road Master

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
I'll bet their are a lot more 20 year old Harly's still on the road than all the metrics combined.
Careful saying that, or we could hear "that's because the metric bikes made it home".
My 1989 FXST is a twenty year old bike and it still runs great.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:17 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MATUCHI
My 1989 FXST is a twenty year old bike and it still runs great.
That is a nice looking ride. Bet it'll beat any metric close to it's age if you can find one that still runs.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:29 PM
FXSTDSE2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FLHXXHLF, If you remember in your original post you attacked ALL HD owners. Almost everyone on this forum own or have owned different bikes. If asked, and by reading, almost no one drank the cool aid, we know what we were purchasing. When I gave up my Night Hawk I knew I was adding 300 # and getting the same HP with my first HD. I now have my 3rd and 4th Harley and when I purchase another bike it will be another HD. That is my personal choice and not to be COOL because I am to old for that. Like you, I ride with people owning other brands. I think the difference is that my friends don't bash my or anyones else's decision on bike or brand. Purchasing a bike is a personal choice. If you are purchasing a bike to be able to bash, you still have some growing up to do. If you make a bad decision, you either learn from it and move on or it is you god given right to bitch about. But bitching about the bike is one thing, telling everyone we are drinking the cool aid is another, that's personal! And that is why this thread has gotten where it is now!
Best of luck to you and I hope everything works out.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:33 PM
MATUCHI
Road Master

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
That is a nice looking ride. Bet it'll beat any metric close to it's age if you can find one that still runs.
Thanks, the original owner did a lot of work on it. I added things that weren't available back in 1989 and you can see the numbers it's pulled on a dyno below my sig picture. It runs like a rocket in a straight line...............

Quick Reply: I was "shocked" !