General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I was "shocked" !

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 01:28 PM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MATUCHI
I started riding a Harley thirty-seven years ago before they were a fad and have never stopped riding them. I also own other motorcycles that I enjoy for different types of riding. Just because I ride a Harley-Davidson doesn't mean I'm not a motorcycle rider. I still ride a Harley because I like the way it rides when I feel like cruising. When I feel like I need something else, I ride something else. Don't pigeon hole all H-D owners as cool-aid drinkers, because we are not!
My other motorcycles are pictured below.

Now thats what im talking about. A man that can handle MOTORCYCLES. Any kind and appreciate individuality in opinions without attacking and screaming TROLL. I respect you for posting. Thank You.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
This is unreal. You guys are something else. Let me explain it to you so you can understand. I know all you want to do is look cool right now. But you might want to stop and read next time before you fly right into a "sheep" mode. Here we go -
I CAN TALK ABOUT HARLEY, AND COMPARE BRANDS AND MANUFACTURES WITHOUT HATING HARLEY OR LOVING METRICS. Now let's try this again. I see some sheep in back didn't get this -
JUST BECAUSE A MAN TALKS ABOUT HARLEY IN A DEROGATORY MANNER, DOES NOT MEAN HE HATE'S HARLEY AND LOVES METRICS.
Now once more "broke down" for those on harley coolaid. - WHEN A MAN TALKS ABOUT ANOTHER MOTORCYCLE OTHER THAN HARLEY, IT DOESN'T MEAN HE COMMITTED HARLEY ADULTERY AND YOU NEED TO BURN HIM AT THE STAKE MR WICKER MAN.
Maybe if you weren't such a Drama Queen you could have made your point without getting hysterical and drawing fire on yourself. Act like a troll, get treated like a troll.

Last edited by Plow64; 01-02-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:36 PM
krusr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I'm having a bad case of Deja Vu!

Last edited by krusr; 01-02-2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Should have read this thread start to finish before posting.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Dutch110
Tourer

I predict this thread will reach 40 pages over the weekend.

HP and Toque are only two of the criteria I use to gauge my motorcycle purchases. There's a myriad of other criteria but the one intangible that is different for each and every one of us is does the bike have the "it" factor? Does is speak to you? Does it keep you awake at night? Motorcycle purchases are rarely rational decisions made without emotion.

I am the Mid Altantic Director for the Northeast Sportbike Association (www.nesba.com) The club is a volunteer run not for profit org. We are sponsored by Yamaha. I love my R6. Would have paid for it if I had to, but I got it as part of the sponsorship arrangement. I also could have gotten a pretty nice deal on a Yamaha cruiser as a result of that relationship. Problem is, none of them spoke to me like the Fat Bob did. I'm sure they will walk all over my Street Bob. Do I care? Nope.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Boneyard Blue
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got to agree with barjbar. Nice looking BMW!

Originally Posted by MATUCHI
Thanks, I bought it to commute on, it's super quiet. I leave my house at 5:30 AM and my Harley woke up my family. They are a nice bike for getting to work and back. That picture was taken at Infinion Raceway where I took it for a racing class.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:53 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're shocked that your Harley is slow compared to bikes with larger displacement and more modern power plants? I'm shocked that you're shocked. This isn't exactly the worlds best kept secret.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:55 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I didn't feel like reading thru all the BS. I'm just gonna say yes, Harleys are slow and expensive, but they have the looks, sound, and are the best selling cruisers on the planet so the MoCo must be doing something right. It's the only bike I want, warts and all.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:06 PM
MATUCHI
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boneyard Blue
Got to agree with barjbar. Nice looking BMW!
Thanks. It is a nice bike, but it doesn't have the soul that my old FXST has. Both below on wash day.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:15 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sure looks like fun - the racing school. Nothing like that here. I take the advanced riding class every year for practice. It's always enjoyable also.

Last edited by barjbar; 01-02-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:18 PM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer

The BMW looks great. Get from point A to point B quickly and zip through traffic. Nice color also.

Quick Reply: I was "shocked" !