General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I was "shocked" !

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 12:14 PM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boneyard Blue
I respect your decision to post your opinion. No problems with that.
But why have you ignored posts that contradict your previous statements you made only a few weeks ago????
Big Pig did a little research and I quoted our posts regarding you slamming metrics. You have yet to explain your reversal nor defend your previous, strongly worded posts.

Just curious.
This is unreal. You guys are something else. Let me explain it to you so you can understand. I know all you want to do is look cool right now. But you might want to stop and read next time before you fly right into a "sheep" mode. Here we go -
I CAN TALK ABOUT HARLEY, AND COMPARE BRANDS AND MANUFACTURES WITHOUT HATING HARLEY OR LOVING METRICS. Now let's try this again. I see some sheep in back didn't get this -
JUST BECAUSE A MAN TALKS ABOUT HARLEY IN A DEROGATORY MANNER, DOES NOT MEAN HE HATE'S HARLEY AND LOVES METRICS.
Now once more "broke down" for those on harley coolaid. - WHEN A MAN TALKS ABOUT ANOTHER MOTORCYCLE OTHER THAN HARLEY, IT DOESN'T MEAN HE COMMITTED HARLEY ADULTERY AND YOU NEED TO BURN HIM AT THE STAKE MR WICKER MAN.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Roses
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
WHEN A MAN TALKS ABOUT ANOTHER MOTORCYCLE OTHER THAN HARLEY, IT DOESN'T MEAN HE COMMITTED HARLEY ADULTERY AND YOU NEED TO BURN HIM AT THE STAKE MR WICKER MAN.

It Don't?

Old 01-02-2009, 12:29 PM
IlDuce
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

This is unreal. You guys are something else. Let me explain it to you so you can understand. I know all you want to do is look cool right now. But you might want to stop and read next time before you fly right into a "sheep" mode. Here we go -
I CAN TALK ABOUT HARLEY, AND COMPARE BRANDS AND MANUFACTURES WITHOUT HATING HARLEY OR LOVING METRICS. Now let's try this again. I see some sheep in back didn't get this -
JUST BECAUSE A MAN TALKS ABOUT HARLEY IN A DEROGATORY MANNER, DOES NOT MEAN HE HATE'S HARLEY AND LOVES METRICS.
Now once more "broke down" for those on harley coolaid. - WHEN A MAN TALKS ABOUT ANOTHER MOTORCYCLE OTHER THAN HARLEY, IT DOESN'T MEAN HE COMMITTED HARLEY ADULTERY AND YOU NEED TO BURN HIM AT THE STAKE MR WICKER MAN.
so i guess thats a No on me pickin that bike up huh?

Old 01-02-2009, 12:31 PM
cdale976
Road Master

think the point needs to be made that Harley is what it is. Marketing,sales, technology
reliability. an American icon that whether you buy into it or not really doesn't matter to most folks. This coolaid you talk about is simply a different flavor than HONDA,KAWASAKI,OR YAMAHA and the rest. My wife rides a yamaha(it fits) I own a couple of harelys(they fit). Your wife likes Harleys so you got one (from her i gather). Good for her. you are a lucky guy.
Now ride the damn thing and enjoy. If you think it can be more. Build it. That's the nice thing about american icons. If you want more they are easy to build bigger. If not they do just fine on our roads and draw attention if that your gig.
Myself, I seldom stop long enough for anyone to notice.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:36 PM
roewarrior
Cruiser

Quote:Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
WHEN A MAN TALKS ABOUT ANOTHER MOTORCYCLE OTHER THAN HARLEY, IT DOESN'T MEAN HE COMMITTED HARLEY ADULTERY AND YOU NEED TO BURN HIM AT THE STAKE MR WICKER MAN.
Originally Posted by Roses
It Don't?
Apparently FLHXXHLF didn't get the memo

Old 01-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Boneyard Blue
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ayyyyy (as the Fonz would say)! You got me. I'm all about being "cool." Having a daughter in college and a 6 year old boy, a job in which I'm responsible for 30-75 employees depending on the time of the season along and a budget in the high six figues, being "cool" is my main agenda. I mean, why else would I buy a Harley?
Haven't you noticed how many Harley riders give each other the Fonz's patented "thumbs up?"

Old 01-02-2009, 01:04 PM
MATUCHI
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I started riding a Harley thirty-seven years ago before they were a fad and have never stopped riding them. I also own other motorcycles that I enjoy for different types of riding. Just because I ride a Harley-Davidson doesn't mean I'm not a motorcycle rider. I still ride a Harley because I like the way it rides when I feel like cruising. When I feel like I need something else, I ride something else. Don't pigeon hole all H-D owners as cool-aid drinkers, because we are not!
My other motorcycles are pictured below.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:14 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sharp looking Beemer. BMW's are fine bikes.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:19 PM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's all I hear on this site is having to modify a motorcycle that's already overpriced. Who would of ever thought marketing could be this strong. Im outa here. Ride safe guys.
Man, if BS were gold you'd be rich. I don't know of too many people that don't do some form of modifications to their bike in an effort to make it their own so to speak. Fact is, Yamaha wants way more for the docking gear, rail and pad than Harley did. My Roadstar may have a bigger engine than a Softail but I can tell you from having rented a Softail Deluxe about a year ago that it didn't vibrate near as much as my Roadstar. That Softail gets better fuel mileage too. The price of the as like metric may be cheaper but this is where it ends as accessories for the metric are actually more money and not by just a few bucks. You've got to get your facts straight. Hey, I paid right at $300 for my Cycle Shack exhaust on my 1200R Sporty. My Yamaha FZ6 will run roughly 6 to 800 dollars and there's no stinking chrome. The exhaust for my Roadstar is just under $600. Start checking part numbers and prices as that metric's cost in terms of savings will soon get eaten up.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:24 PM
MATUCHI
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by barjbar
Sharp looking Beemer. BMW's are fine bikes.
Thanks, I bought it to commute on, it's super quiet. I leave my house at 5:30 AM and my Harley woke up my family. They are a nice bike for getting to work and back. That picture was taken at Infinion Raceway where I took it for a racing class.

Quick Reply: I was "shocked" !