General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I was "shocked" !

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:53 AM
nighttrain72970
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Big Pig...you are cracking me up! This guy for sure doesn't know what he wants. Back and forth, back and forth. Keep busting him and maybe he will get his ***** back from his wife.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:06 AM
CTRoadKing
Tourer

Big Pig ... You da Man !!!!

Old 01-02-2009, 10:11 AM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still say this kid dicked with his bike so much changing things and not knowing what the heck he was doing, screwed it to the max. Man, you guys get up early!!

Old 01-02-2009, 10:16 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I did not buy an HD for technology if I have to explain it then you got the wrong bike

Old 01-02-2009, 10:26 AM
haztaz
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
I don't think i once said i didn't like my harley. I would just like to see harley put a bike together that didnt need some kind of engine mod or oil cooler. It always seems to be something with them. kinda like marketing i would say.
I enjoy my harley. I just have issue with the engine. I really think harley can put out a 113 or 123 engine with plenty of power. Oh but that might cut into revinue. If a motorcycle builder is going to bragg about being the peoples motorcycle, don't you think it's about time they are. Let's see some power and Tq in the year 2010 .

I think that harley could build the bike of your dreams to make you happy. But why would they want to make just you happy when they have already done that for all of us. Besides if they did that then wouldn't they be just like all the rest? Heaven forbid. Harley is what they are and I don't see them changing for you. Sell your harley and move on with your life.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:32 AM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer

Reading this thread is like watching sheep jumping. they see one jump and they all jump. Amazing ! No wonder Harley makes the money they do. Totally blind to the facts. I truly wonder if the majority of you even read the primary point of this thread , rather than trying to look cool to everyone else here. So when you want to talk individuality, first you have to stop copying everyone else and get off this "IM SO COOL" kick. But I have the funny feeling this is not going to happen. Like a friend of mine said that owns a metric bike, the only thing's that different about harley riders, is the new shirt harley put out this month. It's unreal. Now im not saying this to be ugly or start a flame. Im just stating what I've seen here. I've already received eight PM's with people saying give it up, they wont listen and you will only get flamed. Well so be it.
And I did buy the harley because my wife liked it. You think im a bitch ? She bought it. So who's the bitch now ? So...how many women have bought you a motorcycle ? Who's the man now Mr mouth. Know all the details before you blast away at someone.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:45 AM
llbandit
Ultimate HDF Member

I don't think i once said i didn't like my harley. I would just like to see harley put a bike together that didnt need some kind of engine mod or oil cooler. It always seems to be something with them. kinda like marketing i would say.
I enjoy my harley. I just have issue with the engine. I really think harley can put out a 113 or 123 engine with plenty of power. Oh but that might cut into revinue. If a motorcycle builder is going to bragg about being the peoples motorcycle, don't you think it's about time they are. Let's see some power and Tq in the year 2010 .

Seems to me the only common thread in any of your silly posts is the fact you don't like 'Marketing' or 'Profits', or as you call it 'revinue'...
I thought you said you were leaving back about page five or six of this thread, but apparently as BP so clearly pointed out, you do tend to change your mind a lot. Keep on keepin' on... I just started a new batch of popcorn and cracked a beer...

Old 01-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Boneyard Blue
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I respect your decision to post your opinion. No problems with that.
But why have you ignored posts that contradict your previous statements you made only a few weeks ago????
Big Pig did a little research and I quoted our posts regarding you slamming metrics. You have yet to explain your reversal nor defend your previous, strongly worded posts.

Just curious.

Originally Posted by Boneyard Blue
FLHXXLF,

You apparently have done a complete reversal. That's fine. We each have a mind of our own but apparently your's is controlled by your wife (based on your own statement).
Please read what you wrote earlier, my response to you followed by your comment.

You are basically comparing cars from the movie "The Fast and the Furious" to corvettes. One engine is small and torqued out while the other is plain muscle.

Harley Davidson's are American muscle. If you want a torqued out rice burner because of your need for torque and speed and because you and your friends like them, then purchase one (teenage peer pressure) . It's well within your rights.
But to complain that Harley Davidson doesn't make what you want is like complaining that a Pontiac Trans Am sucks because their aren't as fast a tweaked out Toyota.

Below is our converstion:

FLHXXHLF
Prospect

The deal is this. I here it from my friend's and others, Harley VS what ever bike they have. My metric is better than your Harley. Everything VS harley. Even in the front of this site it's got Harley VS. Then I come here to get a break and be with like minded Harley owners and I see yet another Harley VS post, or what about this metric or that metric. WTF ? Im beginning to wonder if im going to get attacked by a bunch of metric guys when I stop for gas. As for as im concerned, there's only one motorcycle for me PERIOD !
Owning a metric bike is ok to me. I will even ride with you. But im getting bombarded with people coming up to me talking about how a metric bike is better than a Harley. GET REAL DUDE ! Harley is it to me. We have the worlds most sot after motorcycle in the world . The best most equipped service departments. Fantastic stores . Well placed locations beside the highway for easy access. The clothing ROCKS ! Quality accessaries and a motorcycle that holds it's value better than any motorcycle on the market. The sound is second to none. To me, there's " Harley " and those other bikes. That's it for me. I don't care what you think or how much you try to convince me your metric pile of plastic is better than my Harley. It's a knockoff of my American heritage . It's an insult. A sellout. Makes me feel you were one of those that hit the border when our country went to war, and then tried to convince us why you think it was a better choice.
Harley is the best hands down. I would guess it will always will be to me.
So let me give you some advice. Google your favorite brand of metric sellout and have a blast. Don't bring that crap here.

12-15-2008, 03:00 PM

FLHXXHLF
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneyard Blue
I don't think he gives Harley riders a bad name. I think he's passionate about Harley's (as most of us are) and he's not afraid to voice his strong opinions.
From what I've read, he's encountered many metric owners who have their own opinions as to why metrics are better than Harley's. Personally, I could give a rats @ss about what others think. To each their own.
Some people like Toyota trucks while others like Ford trucks.

If you want the best, you pay for the best. Harley's (IMO) are #1 so that's why I have one. Others can settle for second best and that's fine with me.

FLHXXHLF
Amen Brother!

Old 01-02-2009, 11:52 AM
llbandit
Ultimate HDF Member

And I did buy the harley because my wife liked it. You think im a bitch ? She bought it. So who's the bitch now ? So...how many women have bought you a motorcycle ? Who's the man now Mr mouth. Know all the details before you blast away at someone.

Damn... I didn't think it could get better but this is outstanding you Mr. you
Did you even read what you said? God love ya... keep 'em comin'

Old 01-02-2009, 12:09 PM
IlDuce
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

hey FLHXX, ive said nothing derogatory, if you dont want the bike ill pick it up

Quick Reply: I was "shocked" !