General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I was "shocked" !

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 08:56 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
I would be willing to bet, if harley had to keep its factory pipes and the government stop the aftermarket exaust, that harley would go down the drain like a rock !
I'd take that bet. If you want a faster and more modern bike and you don't like your Harley, sell it and buy a metric.

Last edited by barjbar; 01-02-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:11 AM
cdale976
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

want a tech harley do ya?????? mv agusta ever hear of it????????? harleys owns it. will be in a showroom near you soon enough. then you can take your metric pacific rim bikes and fly home.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:15 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,300 Likes on 1,704 Posts

Originally Posted by 97FXSTSB
You can have all the power and torque and fake potato-potato sound like the Yamaha...but if it's not a Harley, it's not a Harley.
There are two kinds of riders: Those who ride Harleys, and those who wish they rode Harleys. If no comprende that, maybe you should go metric.
I totally agree...my last six bikes were metrics and all of 'em were good bikes. BUT, every time I saw a guy/gal cruisin' down the street or highway on a Harley it ALWAYS turned my head...I loved the sound of the V-Twin rumblin' down the road.

Finally, at 56 yrs young, I bought my first Harley knowing there are many metric cruisers out there that are faster, better handling, liquid cooled, better technology, etc.

There's just something about riding a Harley, it's hard to explain...the sound, the feel and the history behind the bike, etc.

I didn't buy it to be a part of a "group"...I ride alone and like it that way.

Just my .02

Old 01-02-2009, 09:24 AM
jaxbusa
Cruiser

I rode a sport bike for many years and I became sore and cramped up on it so I began to look into a cruiser. I wanted a timeless design and mechanical simplicity. I sat on just about every metric cruiser and I never felt right on any of them. I started to research harleys but was a little turned away from the price at first. Then, I saw the timeless design, comfort, as I am 6'3", and resale value compared to metric. Also, the infnite aftermarket. After sitting on a few harleys, I puchased an '07 wide glide. Now a little over a year later and I get a smile on my face every time I ride. I can say that my only thing I wish were different on it would have been the exhaust sound when you accelerate. If you wanted more pep, harley offers the vrsc models.

Last edited by jaxbusa; 01-02-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:25 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
Man that bike you posted looks good. How does thos Reinharts perform . You have a dyno sheet. Would love to see. Nice scoot!
See you have a good eye, but you skated my question, thanks for the comment, love my Rineharts, my bike hauls the mail 95", no dyno sheet, very happy with my Harley and it's performance, smoked many a metric with it.

I've owned both Honda's and Kawasaki cruiser bikes, nothing wrong with them, but my Harley is much stronger, handles better, looks better, than my 02 Vulcan 1500 did and I had done work on it as well pipes intake etc., hell metrics need different pipes/motor work than stock too for performance and looks, just look in a metric forum you'll see, hell I bet you already know that though.

Bottom line Harley's ain't for everyone, sell yours get that metric you love simple thing to do many metric dealers around Pensacola right?,,,, don't worry be happy!!!

Old 01-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by John TN
FLHXXHLF just a question, you wouldn't by any chance know a member by the name of TakeNoCrap would you? Didn't you do some work on your Ultra motor too, what all did you do to the motor if you don't mind me asking, dyno sheet??

LMAO!!!! Looks like old FLHXXHLF the TROLL has been busted yet again!

Hey FLHXXHLF here's some FREE advice for you:

a) Get rid of the Harley FAST.....you're making all us other Hog owners look bad

b) Go buy yourself a Nice Rice Rocket....maybe a Hybusta' then you'll have dash

c) Grow some ***** and then you can be more than just an Internet badazz loudmouth

d) Get your PANTS back from your wife....

Old 01-02-2009, 09:40 AM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 541 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Pig
LMAO!!!! Looks like old FLHXXHLF the TROLL has been busted yet again!

Hey FLHXXHLF here's some FREE advice for you:

a) Get rid of the Harley FAST.....you're making all us other Hog owners look bad

b) Go buy yourself a Nice Rice Rocket....maybe a Hybusta' then you'll have dash

c) Grow some ***** and then you can be more than just an Internet badazz loudmouth

d) Get your PANTS back from your wife....
+1...and the great thing about the Hayabusa is that they come with a "lifetime" guarantee. Always ride it as fast as it will go (you are so hungry for speed) and it will last you a lifetime. Also will eliminate a troll from this site

Old 01-02-2009, 09:44 AM
ubon67
Intermediate

Get yourself a metric throw-away, I don't think you have the Harley mindset, enough said, Have a great New Year.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:45 AM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer

Originally Posted by John TN
See you have a good eye, but you skated my question, thanks for the comment, love my Rineharts, my bike hauls the mail 95", no dyno sheet, very happy with my Harley and it's performance, smoked many a metric with it.

I've owned both Honda's and Kawasaki cruiser bikes, nothing wrong with them, but my Harley is much stronger, handles better, looks better, than my 02 Vulcan 1500 did and I had done work on it as well pipes intake etc., hell metrics need different pipes/motor work than stock too for performance and looks, just look in a metric forum you'll see, hell I bet you already know that though.

Bottom line Harley's ain't for everyone, sell yours get that metric you love simple thing to do many metric dealers around Pensacola right?,,,, don't worry be happy!!!
I don't think i once said i didn't like my harley. I would just like to see harley put a bike together that didnt need some kind of engine mod or oil cooler. It always seems to be something with them. kinda like marketing i would say.
I enjoy my harley. I just have issue with the engine. I really think harley can put out a 113 or 123 engine with plenty of power. Oh but that might cut into revinue. If a motorcycle builder is going to bragg about being the peoples motorcycle, don't you think it's about time they are. Let's see some power and Tq in the year 2010 .

Old 01-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Boneyard Blue
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FLHXXLF,

You apparently have done a complete reversal. That's fine. We each have a mind of our own but apparently your's is controlled by your wife (based on your own statement).
Please read what you wrote earlier, my response to you followed by your comment.

You are basically comparing cars from the movie "The Fast and the Furious" to corvettes. One engine is small and torqued out while the other is plain muscle.

Harley Davidson's are American muscle. If you want a torqued out rice burner because of your need for torque and speed and because you and your friends like them, then purchase one (teenage peer pressure) . It's well within your rights.
But to complain that Harley Davidson doesn't make what you want is like complaining that a Pontiac Trans Am sucks because their aren't as fast a tweaked out Toyota.

Below is our converstion:

FLHXXHLF
Prospect

The deal is this. I here it from my friend's and others, Harley VS what ever bike they have. My metric is better than your Harley. Everything VS harley. Even in the front of this site it's got Harley VS. Then I come here to get a break and be with like minded Harley owners and I see yet another Harley VS post, or what about this metric or that metric. WTF ? Im beginning to wonder if im going to get attacked by a bunch of metric guys when I stop for gas. As for as im concerned, there's only one motorcycle for me PERIOD !
Owning a metric bike is ok to me. I will even ride with you. But im getting bombarded with people coming up to me talking about how a metric bike is better than a Harley. GET REAL DUDE ! Harley is it to me. We have the worlds most sot after motorcycle in the world . The best most equipped service departments. Fantastic stores . Well placed locations beside the highway for easy access. The clothing ROCKS ! Quality accessaries and a motorcycle that holds it's value better than any motorcycle on the market. The sound is second to none. To me, there's " Harley " and those other bikes. That's it for me. I don't care what you think or how much you try to convince me your metric pile of plastic is better than my Harley. It's a knockoff of my American heritage . It's an insult. A sellout. Makes me feel you were one of those that hit the border when our country went to war, and then tried to convince us why you think it was a better choice.
Harley is the best hands down. I would guess it will always will be to me.
So let me give you some advice. Google your favorite brand of metric sellout and have a blast. Don't bring that crap here.

12-15-2008, 03:00 PM

FLHXXHLF
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneyard Blue
I don't think he gives Harley riders a bad name. I think he's passionate about Harley's (as most of us are) and he's not afraid to voice his strong opinions.
From what I've read, he's encountered many metric owners who have their own opinions as to why metrics are better than Harley's. Personally, I could give a rats @ss about what others think. To each their own.
Some people like Toyota trucks while others like Ford trucks.

If you want the best, you pay for the best. Harley's (IMO) are #1 so that's why I have one. Others can settle for second best and that's fine with me.

FLHXXHLF
Amen Brother!

Last edited by Boneyard Blue; 01-02-2009 at 09:50 AM.

Quick Reply: I was "shocked" !