General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I was "shocked" !

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 08:20 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Ride what you want, This is America. If you want to keep up w/those disposable motorcycles get a VRod or a metric. But I'll tell you from experience that if you ride w/metric riders they are going to take advantage of every chance to rub in your face that they got more horsepower for less dollars. I couldn't care less. I wanted Harley Davidson from the git go and I'm very happy. I've ridden other bikes.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:21 AM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Plow64;4316843]
Originally Posted by JBaker421
It's 113 inches V-twin stock - 1850 cc. It doesn't run hot.
Yamaha dealers will deal and you can buy that bike for not more than $12.5k - probably less. It lists for under $14k
Just for me, I'd like to know why Harley can't/doesn't build an engine like that.[/qoute]

I think it's a matter of "doesn't" vice "can't" and it's a worthy topic of discussion.

FLHXXHLF = troll
Totally agree. You said it all.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:27 AM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
Ride what you want, This is America. If you want to keep up w/those disposable motorcycles get a VRod or a metric. But I'll tell you from experience that if you ride w/metric riders they are going to take advantage of every chance to rub in your face that they got more horsepower for less dollars. I couldn't care less. I wanted Harley Davidson from the git go and I'm very happy. I've ridden other bikes.
Statistics show the majority of motorcycle riders including harley riders will keep a bike on average of five years max. Think about it. A people so worried about image like the harley group are, do you actually think their going to keep a bike for ten years plus ? I think not, or else we would see tons of old harleys running around. We don't. I noticed in Daytona that you were lucky to see an old motorcycle. Harley is about image. American bad *** heritage, while harley outsource's almost every part overseas. Now that's ingenues marketing.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:27 AM
fxdwgcanuck
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats the probelm it the$$$$ you spent i bet you got a couple of jap cars in the driveway too

Old 01-02-2009, 08:29 AM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer

I would be willing to bet, if harley had to keep its factory pipes and the government stop the aftermarket exaust, that harley would go down the drain like a rock !

Old 01-02-2009, 08:31 AM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer

Originally Posted by fxdwgcanuck
thats the probelm it the$$$$ you spent i bet you got a couple of jap cars in the driveway too
LMAO DUDE ! DON'T YOU GET IT ! "EVERYTHING "IS JAP NOW ! Where have you been hiding ?

Old 01-02-2009, 08:45 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

FLHXXHLF just a question, you wouldn't by any chance know a member by the name of TakeNoCrap would you? Didn't you do some work on your Ultra motor too, what all did you do to the motor if you don't mind me asking, dyno sheet??

Last edited by John TN; 01-02-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:47 AM
OldArmy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's try this another way--which would you rather have, a 2010 Chevy Camaro or a lightly restored 1969 Camaro SS? How about a new Challenger or Charger vice a 1969-70 version? Yup, the new ones can outrun, outhandle, get better gas mileage, higher tech--the whole nine yards. BUT, which one lights up your day? Which one makes you want to get out and go? And do you think anyone going to be restoring 2010 cars (or non-Harley's) in forty years?

Old 01-02-2009, 08:52 AM
amike
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHXXHLF
I would be willing to bet, if harley had to keep its factory pipes and the government stop the aftermarket exaust, that harley would go down the drain like a rock !
Yeah...and people like you aren't helping either.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:54 AM
FLHXXHLF
Tourer

Originally Posted by John TN
FLHXXHLF just a question, you wouldn't by any chance know a member by the name of TakeNoCrap would you?
Man that bike you posted looks good. How does thos Reinharts perform . You have a dyno sheet. Would love to see. Nice scoot!

Quick Reply: I was "shocked" !