General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you guys think about Victory motorcycles?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 05:43 PM
IRready
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like I said in my earlier post, I owned 2 Victory MC's. One problem is their lack of service. I lost a drive belt on a trip. I had to trailer my bike the last 150 miles home and wait a week for a replacement. This was just outside Miles City Montatna, where of course there was a HD repair shop. You will hear this story echoed all around the country. Victory is NOT committed to customer support, that is a fact. They would not even send the belt to me, it had to ga to a dealer 200 miles away first. Next problem is simple. It just is not a HD. I am not into "slogans", but here is a true case of if I have to explain you just wouldn't understand. HD is either in your blood or it is not. Just cause someone owns a HD does not mean it is in their blood, as evident of some replys here and I am sure I will get flamed by them now. Don't let it bother you, it sure does not bother me. Bottom line There are HD and then there are "it's just as good" or "it is better" than a HD. Go figure.......

Old 01-04-2009, 06:00 PM
cruzin papa
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Victory,,,,sshhh,,,hear the giggling Just joking but they have the same proplem as all the rest have. They just aren't a Harley. Wonder if Harley Davidson has ever thought about making 4 wheelers?

Old 01-04-2009, 06:25 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

This one looks like a Taurus

Old 01-04-2009, 08:42 PM
mopardave
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
This one looks like a Taurus

Welll......sorta.....looks like a soda can rapped around a tube chassis and 20 pounds of stickers! LOL

Old 01-04-2009, 08:43 PM
exodor1
Cruiser

Saw a few myself. Don't know what models, but, didn't care for how the rear fender doesn't "hug" the wheel like my Fatboy. Nice to see that it's American-made, but really, if you're gonna spend 15 - 20 grand on a bike, how are you gonna convince people that the Victory was a better purchase? To me, they might be for the cats who didn't grow up always dreaming of owning a Harley one day, or having memories of being on the back of your Dad's and just watching people's faces light up was you passed them. Thanks, Dad, for raising me right!

Old 01-04-2009, 08:46 PM
mopardave
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by exodor1
Saw a few myself. Don't know what models, but, didn't care for how the rear fender doesn't "hug" the wheel like my Fatboy. Nice to see that it's American-made, but really, if you're gonna spend 15 - 20 grand on a bike, how are you gonna convince people that the Victory was a better purchase? To me, they might be for the cats who didn't grow up always dreaming of owning a Harley one day, or having memories of being on the back of your Dad's and just watching people's faces light up was you passed them. Thanks, Dad, for raising me right!
Well said.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:17 PM
mopardave
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 06FXDBI
Anybody want to tell this guy what a dork he is for owning and riding a Vic?

Sonny Barger, one of the founders of the Hells Angels M/C, owns and rides this blacked out Vision.
(Just in case you didn't recognize him)

It doesn't make him a dork, he just has different taste in bikes than I do and probably most people. Is he friends with Arlen Ness? Maybe Arlen gave it to him.

P.S. Miami cruzer, first of all...just because the Victory bikes look like something a gay man would ride does not reflect in any way on me. It is an opinion based on looking at the bike. You think most of us have ridden nothing but Harley's? LOL
It would not surprise me in the least if almost everyone (if not everyone!) has ridden bikes besides HD's. A lot of people learned to ride on a raggedy used Honda or whatever. And the tranny clunk? Please!!! They last virtually forever and you're bitchin' about the tranny shift clunk? Whatever, I like the clunk.

And Road clam, WTF? "It just so friggin lame the way idiots rag the $hit out of the Victory's and they never even threw a leg over one and spent some time on one." So we are "lame" "idiots" because we don't have to ride it to know we don't like it? I have not driven a Smart car either and I aint gonna! LOL

The fact is, everyone is gonna have their own opinion about any given subject. Ride whatcha like! I'm ridin' a Harley so fock off! LOL

Last edited by mopardave; 01-04-2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: P.S.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:25 PM
H2OFOOTER
Advanced

The Vision is butt ugly! Man you learn something new every day.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:06 AM
DMas
Road Master

Originally Posted by exodor1
To me, they might be for the cats who didn't grow up always dreaming of owning a Harley one day, or having memories of being on the back of your Dad's and just watching people's faces light up was you passed them. Thanks, Dad, for raising me right!
Ditto. If someone chooses a Victory, that's their choice. The HD is MY choice.

And I don't think the Victory Vision is the only bike Sonny Barger rides.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:21 AM
nolafishr
Banned

I think they are Nice Looking Bikes, I like the Vegas Model, I have My Eye on one, may add it to the Stable. They have been around for 10 Years now in case anyone does not know, since 1998. I do not know much about them though.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think about Victory motorcycles?