General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you guys think about Victory motorcycles?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 04:01 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dealers for Victory are few here in my area. They look great but i think over priced since they r not a icon like HD... my SG was cheaper than a Victory and resale fora Victory not the great compared to a HD.. spec wise - i think Victory motor maybe better than the HD and dont need all the tuning like a HD. Thank GOD i didnt get the VISION...

Old 01-03-2009, 04:05 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I hope they keep at it, keep growing. It's only good for everybody if there are more American production motorcycles.

I personally like the understated styling of Harleys better, but some people like that Ness-esque look. Vanilla & chocolate.

I hope new ownership can buy them from Polaris so that they can really grow.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:19 PM
frankjake
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tmitchellof PG
You only go around once in life. You might as well ride the real thing. I have no interest in Victory's.
Tom
Then you should be riding an Indian? What exactly is "the real thing"? Coca-Cola?

I guess it all boils down to different strokes for different folks.

I've had quite a few different bikes. Right now I like my Harley, but a few years down the road, it might be something else.

I guess I'm just not the type of person who has to follow what everyone else does or wants what others have.

As far as the Victory, I like the look of some of thier bikes. I've seen a lot of them on the road. Who know, maybe a Victory will be next in my garage.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:27 PM
eagle56
Road Captain

I started a Victory thread before and it pissed people of who are dedicated to Harley.

My view is this years Hammer looks the dogs and has all the goodies like twin stoppers upside down forks and that 240mm rear tyre, I have read that the engine is stonking.

I looked at Victory before, built by the Ness, bros and to be honest my concirn was depreciation and it carried the wrong badge, there was also a concirn about dealers and availability of parts.

I' ve been reading a mag and they still think that the push rode 96b engine is as good as the overhead cam victory. if I was to buy new again it would be a close call.

Lets hope that Harley dont fall into the trap of our british bikes by thinking they where the best and nothing could touch them we got beaten by the Japs harley needs to be very carefull ,Victory could be a serious contender if they dumped the **** ugly Vision.

Last edited by eagle56; 01-03-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:56 PM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumbobee
Curious to see how the HD crowd takes in the Victory bikes. From what I can see they are a fairly new company and American made. I saw a few at the bike show and they weren't too bad, never rode one though. The only thing at this point I can't justify is the price tag which is almost the same as HD.

How would riding up to a biker rally on a Victory be taken?
I dont think about them at all , never give em a second look

Been on Harleys all my life , no reason to change now

Last edited by JacktheBagger; 01-03-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:23 PM
JKK
Road Captain

competition is a good thing

Old 01-03-2009, 05:28 PM
YellowHawk
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've never been on one. I've looked at a few and I guess for those who like them it's fine. I have no interest in having one. I wanted a HD and that's what I got. When it's time for another bike, it'll be a Harley.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:42 PM
eagle56
Road Captain

I must admit I realy like my Harley,always wanted one and finally got there last year with my 08 fatboy.
Victory just does not sound the same.
Live the dream.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:59 PM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JKK
competition is a good thing
That's true. I have no problem with another Am mfg co and I rode the Indians around 2000 or 1999. They had S&S engines, just like a Harley Evo so they were Indian in name only. The Victory was its own design but they need to fire that designer and get somebody with soul to make it look American instead of metric. Just my two cents, of course. If you guys buy one, I'll still talk to ya.

The S&S Indian looked dang cool, though. Far nicer than a Victory, to my taste. Just didn't sell.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think all the line look Japaneese! No ofence!!!

Quick Reply: What do you guys think about Victory motorcycles?