General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Closed Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 07:29 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Like Oneblackfly said, instead of thumbing thru all the threads, we have a section dedicating to those dealers that are closed. We're then able to copy and put in our HD road atlas when traveling, savings us time looking for a dealer that's listed in the book, but has now closed.

This is not to discuss the good/bad dealers, only listing those that have closed their doors...no further comments need to be made.

Thanks Terry.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:39 PM
VFA22_JACKAL
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PT has a live streem from the dungeon over at the Poser Meet & Greet stop by for a good time just hit the Link on PT's chat

Old 01-10-2009, 09:32 AM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I stand corrected and apologize

Old 01-10-2009, 05:17 PM
57springer57
Road Captain

good thread, just for the touring aspect of it . GOOD INFO TO UPDATE YOUR ATLAS.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:40 PM
fboy319
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default dealers

its not a big deal to travel and find a dealer thats still open, most of you new riders will just look at your gps and will find where your going to.What ever happened to get on the road and ride, oh no we need our gps's to get the right directions to buy our t shirts! Get a life, the point being made is eveyone is in trouble and Harley has been ripping customers off for a long time and now its catching up to some dealers and I don't feel sorry for any of them. Nor do I feel sorry for any of the big 3 that want billions of dollars to rip off some more unsuspecting customers, either get your acts together or get out of the race!

Old 01-20-2009, 10:04 PM
PHAZE
Intermediate

I've never visited any of those dealers shown to have closed their doors. I guess that I'm at fault. If I could have just gotten there sooner.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:36 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

This thread was asked for and provided by Terry (HDF Moderator) to assist those of us that will be traveling and may need the assistance of a dealer for repairs, meet-n-greet, and maybe just a pitstop to rest or get a cup of coffee. It's not about a gps, t-shirt or anything else. I for one will probably be making a few long-distance trips alone. What I don't want or need is to make a stop sometimes out of my way and find a dealer closed. I won't have a gps on my trike, nor would I want to stop along side the road to read a map...in this day and age it might be 'asking for trouble'. Please be more sympathetic to those of us that might be traveling this summer whether alone or in a group.

There's a specific thread to voice your personal opinions, but I would ask that this thread be specific to Closed Dealerships.

Maybe I'll see you down the road.....

Old 01-21-2009, 01:35 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,542 Likes on 5,081 Posts

Originally Posted by Spudster
This thread was asked for and provided by Terry (HDF Moderator) to assist those of us that will be traveling and may need the assistance of a dealer for repairs, meet-n-greet, and maybe just a pitstop to rest or get a cup of coffee. It's not about a gps, t-shirt or anything else. I for one will probably be making a few long-distance trips alone. What I don't want or need is to make a stop sometimes out of my way and find a dealer closed. I won't have a gps on my trike, nor would I want to stop along side the road to read a map...in this day and age it might be 'asking for trouble'. Please be more sympathetic to those of us that might be traveling this summer whether alone or in a group.

There's a specific thread to voice your personal opinions, but I would ask that this thread be specific to Closed Dealerships.

Maybe I'll see you down the road.....
how about practicing what you preach?

Old 01-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Airpump
Road Captain

Every thread is subject to hijackers!!!

Old 01-25-2009, 07:09 AM
hdbe
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

has anyone heard of any Midwest closures?

Quick Reply: Closed Dealerships