General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whos in Wa?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 02:06 AM
DZLDR
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gwjvw
on my way back i stopped in the lacey/oly store. man that store is awsome! Best i have seen yet! Think i will move there!
GW:
ain't that a nice shop? Nicest people I have ever met!
North West Harley definatley has their stuff together.
Despite a little rain now and then, this area has some of the best riding in the country. Not very many straight roads around here. The scenery is just awesome.
Lacey / Olympia is the perfect area also. Away from the hustle & bustle (and traffic) of Seattle / Tacoma yet only a few minutes ride to some of the most beautiful country roads in America.
If you decide to move here, give us a hollar and we will show you awesome places to ride.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:45 AM
Evil Stepdad
Road Captain

I don't mind the rain, but the last week of snow has been a bummer. Now that it's gone, I'm back out riding again.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:47 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Unhappy

Try up here North of the border. I have 20" of snow out side my front door, you think you have it bad. I only insure for 6 mon. a year, and out of that i might be lucky to get 3 mon. of actual riding weather.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:49 AM
boutime
Intermediate
Default Who's in Wa?

Seattle here..Was able to ride a little 2 days ago..
Right after snow melted..a lot of sand on the roads yet...
Will be ridin again soon..

As was stated before..Lots of great ridin areas here..
And few straight roads.
I do like my weatherproof gear..
Keep it safe out there.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:49 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by compgeek789
Hey Archer,

I've got a baby brother in Pullman. He's on this sportster. Wave at him for me if ya see him around town!
Will do!

Old 12-31-2008, 08:58 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by boutime
Seattle here..Was able to ride a little 2 days ago..
Right after snow melted..a lot of sand on the roads yet...
Will be ridin again soon..
Here in the Pullman area they don't use sand, they use rocks! I don't know the sizing chart, but the stuff is about 3/8" - 1/2" in diameter. Good traction in deeper snow, but when no snow or ice is around, is like running on marbles...

Old 12-31-2008, 10:16 AM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Out on the coast here, Westport/Grayland area, just below Aberdeen. No more snow and I do ride in the rain, wash the bike, ride in the rain, wash the bike, ride in the rain, wash the bike, you're getting the picture....Stays pretty mild temperatures here so not many days of frozen roads. Our big snow consisted of maybe three inches, was down for two weeks. PM me if any of you get out this way....

Last edited by tima; 12-31-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Geoff of NV
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in Spokane now but spent most of my life in the Bremerton area. Riding in western WA simply means getting used to wearing rain gear. If rain stops ya, ya might as well give it up.
Riding with friends,
Geoff of WA

Old 12-31-2008, 11:16 AM
puyallup
Stage IV
Default Rain, Rain, Rain

Hello fellow Washingtonians. It rains here alright. If you ride more than an hour from home, no matter what time of year, chances are you'll get wet before you can make it back home. Always carry rain gear. But, I've got to tell ya, I've lived in the NW all my life, born in Portland, OR, "reared" in Puyallup, WA and you aint seen RAIN until you've riden in the Myrtle Beach, SC area. I retired and the wife (also rides a Harley) and I moved to greener riding pastures or so we thought. When it rains in South Carolina you have to worry about tornados and lightning strikes. They have deep ditches along all the major hiways just to carry off the rain water overflow. OMG when it rains it just dumps. I'll not compain about our weather ever again, it could be worse. And the bugs, OMG again, they have a bug there they call a "B52", don't know what it is, but it'll take ya off your bike. We only lasted 6 months in SC. It rains so hard there that the houses don't have rain gutters. Useless. They would fill up in seconds. And I haven't even gotten to the Aligators commonly refered to as "road bumps" or the Cotton Mouths or the black widow spiders, I could go on and on. I love Washington State......wouldn't live anywhere else.
Gary ..... firmly planted in Puyallup.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:28 AM
Spokomo
Advanced

Northside Spokane here. Very depressed. My backyard (where the bike's shed is) the snow is between 3' - 4' deep. Poor thing is gonna have to sleep a few more weeks. At least E-Glide is sucking on a battery tender and covered in blankets. I'll be missing my annual New Years Day ride for the first time in many years.

Quick Reply: Whos in Wa?