Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sometimes you just have to tell someone to get away from your bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 07:25 PM
SCS
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Sometimes you just have to tell someone to get away from your bike

My wife and I decided to take one of the tours at the York HD plant, when we arrived we parked our bike in the "Visitors Motorcycle parking area". There were atleast 4 very large signs in the parking lot and a few more on the path walking to the same lot that read, "Please do not touch Visitor's or Employees Motorcycles". I mention this because a man walking with his 8-10 year boy allowed his son to run over and hang off of someone's bike, and I mean hang for God's sake. That bikewas sitting beside mine. First off its a safety hazard, the bike could have fallen on him or in my opinion worst yet fallen into mine. Yea I know that sounds cold but I'm sick of parents letting their kids climb all over someones very expensive property. The father was not a biker because when I said to him to remove his boy from the bike, because he was eyeing mine up next, he looked at me like i lost my mind. He couldn't understand what the harm it was. I'm all for getting kids involved in HD and hope they continue right along with this family we all belong to, but give me a break. Respect someones property for God's sake. Sorry but to me this was just another way some people still have a total disregard to bikers. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

[IMG]local://upfiles/7570/CDF539DF62A5474480781B2C9D3F6D03.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-12-2006, 07:30 PM
LT753
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sometimes you just have to tell someone to get away from your bike

I haven't yet but I agreee with you. What if the pipes had been hot, pretty serious burns can ruin a little guys day.

Lynn

Old 04-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Dresden
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ugg, I hate comming out of a store or something and seeing fingerprints on the tank and such.[:@]

Old 04-12-2006, 07:36 PM
carsoni
Tourer

EXACTLY WHY I CARRY A STUN GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, for the kids, the adults, just beat the crap outa them

Old 04-12-2006, 07:42 PM
BIGSKY_FLHXI
Road Master

It is pretty sad how so many people don't respect others property. Then they can't understand why so many of the youth act the way the do. Go figure.

Old 04-12-2006, 07:46 PM
gmagana
Stage III

What's really sad is that if somethign had happened (nasty burn, bike falling on top of kid, etc...) there would be lawsuits probably: Against HD (one for making the bike, another for owning the parking lot) and another against the bike owner, and, why the heck not, another against the city.

*sigh*

Old 04-12-2006, 07:49 PM
Budds
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Well it all goes back to the "Parent".......
More and more I see this type behaviour from "Parents".... Eatting establishments, Beaches, any public place really.
Too many adults that think its just fine their children do ANYTHING..... and nothing should stand in the way of their child's happiness and sense of "Adjustment"..... what a crock !
( I bet the Menendez couple went to bed thinking what "Well adjusted" children they have...)

Had a similar incident at the last bike event I was at....
Pretty Gal had her dog with her, unleashed... and for the most part unsupervised.
The dog strayed into the roped area where I and others were preping bikes for a show later that afternoon.
Guy next to me yells to the Gal to get her dog, and that a leash would be the best way to keep it under control.
She starts a heated arguement with the guy, and then goes to the organizers of the event.
They procede to tell her that a leash is the only way to be sure her dog stays..... A)_ Safe... and B)_ Away from others that may not care for animals....... BUT.... they would let her slide that day.

The guy next to me tells them he was being kind..... and the next guy that even gets a hint that the dog may lift his leg on a bike, may just kick the Nuts off it......
He was promptly asked to leave, as he was threatening her....... oh pls !

Some think their "Rights" include trampling on others..... just the way it is.....
And as for the event I was at....... We left right behind the guy that was tossed !
Wont be a party to that mess...

Just My Thoughts.........

Budds..............

Old 04-12-2006, 08:00 PM
hammer4
Cruiser

Man, whats up with that? I don't get it...When my non biker friends come by I get away from my bike..I'v had them sit on it like an easy chair, lean their elbows on the tank and even sweat on it!! Needless to say my non biker friends are becoming fewer in number..

Old 04-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

About 25 years ago I rode my bike to a company picknick. When I looked over towards my bike I saw a 4 or 5 year old boy standing on my seat and pouring a coke on my gas tank. I came unglued on the kids mother who was about 10 ft away with her back to her son talking to another woman.

In 90 some idiot poured a McDonalds Shamrock shake in my sidecar[:@]. I'm not sure I would be here talking to you right now if I would have caught that azzhole (unless they have a computer lab in prison).

Old 04-12-2006, 08:09 PM
USNDiver
Intermediate

I agree it all comes back to the parents and lack of parenting/discipline. I walked by an antique shop a few months ago and it had a sign in the window that said "Children misbehaving in this store will get a cup of espresso and a free puppy" I though that was a pretty solid message to the parents. Had to shake the owners hand for that one.

Quick Reply: Sometimes you just have to tell someone to get away from your bike