General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Movies

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 08:24 PM
harley_jeff
Road Master
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Harley Movies

I can't watch "Easy Rider" one more time, and I thought "Wild Hogs" was silly. Any recommendations on Harley movies? Someone at work told me about a TV show that featured Harleys called "Then Came Bronson," but I have not found any DVDs of that show. Any suggestions?

Old 12-28-2008, 08:33 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree. First saw Easy Rider when it came out. I was in the military at that time and thought "how cool". Bought the video a while back and couldn't even sit through it, Thought, how lame" Here's a link to some biker movies if you feel the need http://shopping.yahoo.com/b:Biker%20Movies:96669784 but I find that other than a few documentaries, most of the genre are just made for hollywood trash

Old 12-28-2008, 08:37 PM
moosh
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harley Davidson and the Marlboro man...with Mickey Rourke, Don Johnson,and Chelsea Field

Old 12-28-2008, 08:38 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Then Came Bronson" was only on TV one year (1969) and one tv movie before the tv series. The movie and a lot of the episodes are on YouTube. I found the movie ridiculous and the tv series is "Route 66" on a Harley. I mean he crashes his bike into a lake and rebuilds it by hand, by the lake, using rocks to reform the gas tank. In the movie, Bonnie Bedilia runs him off the road and he crashes. Next scene he dusts himself off, picks up the bike, and continues riding. Not even a cuss word. The stuff is really silly today. Bud Ekins was the stunt rider and stunt coordinator.

Last edited by barjbar; 12-28-2008 at 08:41 PM.
harley_jeff
Road Master

Actually, I love Easy Rider - I just have seen it so many times I can't sit through it any more. There's got to be something else like it out there. What's interesting about Easy Rider is always wondered how Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper and Jack Nicholson hooked up to make the movie. Well, I was reading that before E.R., Nicholson wrote a screen play called "The Trip," and hired Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper.

Fear Night
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beyond the Law - must see.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:53 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C'mon now...everyone liked Bronson...Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SJyM...eature=related

Bunch of biker flicks out there. Most are cheesy and really bad...but most have some really nice bikes in them. I like watching them all just for the hell of it. There are a lot of good ones out there too. Try ebay and Amazon.com. Just type in "biker movie" or "motorcycle movie" in the search box.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:02 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

David Carredine in "Fast Charlie the Moonbeam Rider" if you can find it. I know it was available on Amazon.com and might be able to get it on Ebay. Another more recent one that's not a Harley Movie but a good (based on a true story) Motorcycle movie is "The Worlds Fastest Indian starring Anthony Hopkins.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:06 PM
harley_jeff
Road Master

Yeah, Fastest Indian was a good movie and Hopkins is such a great actor. What I liked about Rider was the whole movie had lots of riding and cinematography and a great sound track. There's got to be something similar out there.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:13 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new Indiana Jones movie has a couple of decent bikes in it and a pretty good chase & stunt scene.

Also, grab "Stone Cold" for a total bike-filled movie

Last edited by trafficjams; 12-28-2008 at 09:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Harley Movies