General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker Shirt Club ? Anyone do this ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 05:25 PM
guitarbug
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biker Shirt Club ? Anyone do this ?

Hello, anyone here do the biker shirt club thing ? $15.oo a shirt seems like a deal just wondering what the shipping and hidden cost may be ? I am thinking $10.00 shipping or someting like that still would not be to bad to get shirts from all over the world. Plus I would like to know the quality of the shirts. Any help would be great, thanks!

Last edited by guitarbug; 12-28-2008 at 10:47 AM. Reason: trying to remove a non-sponser link
Old 12-27-2008, 05:36 PM
captain m
Road Master

Try it and let us know!!!! I'd rather buy my t-shirts in person,others may not.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:33 PM
guitarbug
Cruiser

Originally Posted by captain m
Try it and let us know!!!! I'd rather buy my t-shirts in person,others may not.
I imagine someone out here has tried it. I am like you I usually have to try on most shirts and they have to fit perfect before I will wear it.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:17 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I like to buy HD shirts from all the cities I travel to, have a lot of chopper tee's I never wear. Wouldn't be for me but might be a heck of a deal for some.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:16 PM
codyshop
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the link. I only collect shirts from indies.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:51 PM
jbphoto
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like many others I buy shirts only from dealers, MoCo or Indie, that I have actually visited.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:23 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 503 Likes on 261 Posts

I never understood the attraction of spending good money, so I can advertise a business, I'm never see again....
Heck I rarely buy t-shirts anyway.... closet is full of them, and most are from various charity rides..... I don't mind advertising a charity... and it IS tax deductable

So the concept of T-shirts from places I've never seen or heard of??? heck may as well go to Wal-Mart and buy t-shirts there with exotic sounding names. but to each their own

Old 12-28-2008, 09:50 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by skootchnc
I never understood the attraction of spending good money, so I can advertise a business, I'm never see again....
Heck I rarely buy t-shirts anyway.... closet is full of them, and most are from various charity rides..... I don't mind advertising a charity... <b>and it IS tax deductable</b>

So the concept of T-shirts from places I've never seen or heard of??? heck may as well go to Wal-Mart and buy t-shirts there with exotic sounding names. but to each their own
That is only partially true.

If you receive something of equal fair market value from your contribution to a charity, it is not deductible.
For instance, if you buy a $15 t-shirt for $15, you have received an item of value at fair market value, and it is not deductible. If you, on the other hand, give them $30 instead of $15, you could then deduct $15 (the amount exceeding the fair market value).

http://www.bbb.org/ALERTS/article.asp?ID=101

If you decide to make the purchase, remember that only part of the purchase is tax deductible. Generally, only the amount of money that exceeds what the Internal Revenue Service calls the "fair market value" of the item, or service, is considered a charitable donation for federal income tax purposes.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

I agree, if you don't go to the dealer yourself, why buy a shirt?

But...

I never understood the attraction of spending good money, so I can advertise a business, I'm never see again...
IMHO...
When you buy a shirt from a dealer you've been to on a roadtrip, it's just like taking pictures. You wear the shirt, and show people where you've been.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:27 PM
llbandit
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MNPGRider
That is only partially true.

If you receive something of equal fair market value from your contribution to a charity, it is not deductible.
For instance, if you buy a $15 t-shirt for $15, you have received an item of value at fair market value, and it is not deductible. If you, on the other hand, give them $30 instead of $15, you could then deduct $15 (the amount exceeding the fair market value).

http://www.bbb.org/ALERTS/article.asp?ID=101

If you decide to make the purchase, remember that only part of the purchase is tax deductible. Generally, only the amount of money that exceeds what the Internal Revenue Service calls the "fair market value" of the item, or service, is considered a charitable donation for federal income tax purposes.

Oh Lord help us... Everyone scatter... there's a bean counter in the room save yourselves... Run...

Quick Reply: Biker Shirt Club ? Anyone do this ?