General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker Shirt Club ? Anyone do this ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Streets of Fire
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you buy a shirt from a dealer you've been to on a roadtrip, it's just like taking pictures. You wear the shirt, and show people where you've been.
I agree. I like looking at others shirts and seeing where they've been as well.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:37 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 503 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by MNPGRider
That is only partially true.

For instance, if you buy a $15 t-shirt for $15, you have received an item of value at fair market value, and it is not deductible. If you, on the other hand, give them $30 instead of $15, you could then deduct $15 (the amount exceeding the fair market value).

http://www.bbb.org/ALERTS/article.asp?ID=101
yup... my account goes over all that stuff and I do get a sizeable deduction

Originally Posted by Eyeball Kid

IMHO...
When you buy a shirt from a dealer you've been to on a roadtrip, it's just like taking pictures. You wear the shirt, and show people where you've been.
Yes... and that goes for all those bumper stickers you see "VISIT XXX" etc, I suppose if it was important to me... that everyone knew where I've been... I'd do the same... but again, this is just MY world view.... I'd buy a Killington VT t-shirt, rather than a Killington HD t-shirt...I do take lots of photos, and my tail gunner usually has his video camera going... so we can re-live our trip....

just NOT my scene... although I do have a friend who maps out every trip he takes by way of Harley dealerships... i doubt he can tell you much about the scenery.... but he CAN show you his T-shirt...

Old 12-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by skootchnc
just NOT my scene...
That's too bad, dawg.

I could not tell you the number of times I've been approached because of the shirt I have on. And this has happened in a grocery store.

"Hey man, are you from San Diego?"
"Cool shirt, I got one when I was in Chicago as well."
"SouthEast Harley... Isn't that the one that was featured on a Visa commercial?"

You can meet riders, even when not riding.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Trash Rat
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buying a shirt from a dealer or indy to while on a trip is a memory thing for me. Down the road a few years, you pull it out of the closet, or out of an old box of clothes, & it takes you back to when you bought it. It's kinda like hearing a certain song from the past that triggers a good memory, or maybe a bad memory.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:09 AM
motrhd
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oh shirt

I understand that not everyone collects shirts....good for you. I am one of those that like to buy from places while on a trip, good for memories. As for conversation starters, have I got one for y'all. While at Daytona bike week 2008, I was wearing a shirt from home, while at the last resort, and a guy asked if I was from Michigan, I said I was and he we was too, we since keep in touch. My wife and I and his wife and him have become good friends, oh well that's my warm fuzzy shirt story........LOL.
Now seriously, this thread gave me an idea what about an HDF member shirt exchange. For example we set a dollar amount and we would choose who we want to exchange with, could be kind of fun if anyone is interested. The local dealer here is Hot Rod Harley, so their shirts look pretty cool.

There............my 2 cents..........or is it my 2 braincells........I dunnooo

Old 12-29-2008, 01:12 PM
monster fxstc
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts