General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm a turncoat

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 11:07 AM
wjvins
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhonda
It was exactly that, the tourer, suspension, brakes, storage and just plain bigger. The comfort aspect. We absolutely loved our Heritages, but the Ultra just started appealing to us and it seemed it would be better for those longer trips. We will miss the Heritage but are looking forward to something new.

Retiring and own a Heritage. Wife loves riding two-up.. Most chapter friends have Ultras...We have ridden 27,000 miles in two years..Considering trading for an Ultra for retirement since we are going to travel extensively...

Would love to have you opinion on advantage and disadvantage of Ultra vs Heritage after your trips as to wife conforts....

Thanks
Walt

Old 12-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Rhonda
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wjvins
Retiring and own a Heritage. Wife loves riding two-up.. Most chapter friends have Ultras...We have ridden 27,000 miles in two years..Considering trading for an Ultra for retirement since we are going to travel extensively...

Would love to have you opinion on advantage and disadvantage of Ultra vs Heritage after your trips as to wife conforts....

Thanks
Walt
I would LOVE to type up some comparisons once we get some riding in, so stay tuned! Now it may be a bit from now as I don't think the dealership can get us a black Ultra until late Jan or Feb. Then once we get it, my husband is going to ride alone for awhile to get use to it. He's not a real big feller so we're going to have it lowered and do some modifications to the seat. The Heritage was fine without doing any lowering etc but the Ultra sits much higher. So it may be Feb or March until I can post any kind of comparisons, but you can best believe I will! I will post pics asap though.