General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm a turncoat

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Rhonda
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm a turncoat

In ever Rhonda fashion, I have decided to trade my driving skills in and resume a place on the back seat of my husband's bike. I have had many good times and felt many accomplishments when riding my own. With my Sportster there has been no falls, drops, wrecks or spills. As a matter of fact, I have felt empowered. Remember my story? Anyway, I have found that I do not ride much on my own to warrant my even having the bike. Many a day I would find my Sporty in the building crying from loneliness.

My husband and I have had this great desire to ride an Ultra and now it looks like our dream will come true. We have ridden since 2001 and before I bought my own, I have enjoyed many, many thousand's of miles holding onto him and talking in his ear and so on while seeing the countryside on the back with him. I have no trust issues with him. So it is with these memories that I resume the back seat with no regret.

Though this life, I try many things, some things stick, some things don't, I have no regrets in trying things new...it's the spice of life.

I have really enjoyed posting here while I rode my own, you all have been so much fun!!! Now that I'm a turncoat.....I may not post as often since I don't ride my own, but I'm sure I'll still have questions.

Thanks for the memories........

Old 12-27-2008, 09:42 AM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

You still are a LadyRider!!!And always will be, it is in your blood now. You may be on the back, but still a LadyRider. You still have to post and give us the LadyRider knowledge, remember we need that prospective now and again. Good Luck and don't forget to post pictures of the new ride.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:51 AM
mike@nhca.us
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, you are still cool.

You have the license and can buy another bike in a few years if you want.

My wife sold her last bike 12 years ago and bought another a few weeks ago.

Enjoy what you want.

Mike

Old 12-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Boneyard Blue
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You are not only a good woman but a good wife. If this is what you want, then you should be happy with your decision.
Who knows what the future holds. After you both get your dream bike, who's to say in a few years you can't get another (providing you want it and can comfortably afford it)?

A turncoat? No way. Benedict Arnold, politicians who switch parties, Harley owners completely switching to metrics , these are turncoats.

A turncoat is one who traitorously switches allegiance. You're definitely Rhonda, not a turncoat.

Good luck and please be safe.

Last edited by Boneyard Blue; 12-27-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:42 AM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I know, I know, you just miss squeezin' your man and givin' directions You're still a biker babe in my book, and always will be. Keep posting, OK If we don't hear from you, we're sending the posse out for ya!

Old 12-27-2008, 10:53 AM
sacdog51
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are not a turncoat. There are people at work who dream of owning and driving their own Harley. You have done it and now choose to be a co-pilot.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RDKingRider
You still are a LadyRider!!!And always will be, it is in your blood now. You may be on the back, but still a LadyRider. You still have to post and give us the LadyRider knowledge, remember we need that prospective now and again. Good Luck and don't forget to post pictures of the new ride.
+1 to that

Old 12-27-2008, 11:05 AM
FBTRIKE
Road Captain

I think it's great that you had a bike and enjoyed it. But now if you want to be a passenger again, nothing wrong with that. I'm sure your husband is happy to have your arms around him and that you share an interest in biking. I would be just as proud and happy with my wife, whether she rode her own or rode on the back with me. Too many people try to decide what's right for others. Do what makes you happy. Continue to ride safe.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:11 AM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Boneyard Blue
You are not only a good woman but a good wife. If this is what you want, then you should be happy with your decision.
Who knows what the future holds. After you both get your dream bike, who's to say in a few years you can't get another (providing you want it and can comfortably afford it)?

A turncoat? No way. Benedict Arnold, politicians who switch parties, Harley owners completely switching to metrics , these are turncoats.

A turncoat is one who traitorously switches allegiance. You're definitely Rhonda, not a turncoat.

Good luck and please be safe.
Well stated. Just because you are ridin' on the back don't mean you can't hang here. You are and have been a very stand up person, I respect that. Take care.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:30 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I give this a very sort lifespan. Going from the pillion to riding your own cuts you loose and once you are on your own it's tough to go back and stay there. I know more than a few women that have made the transition to their own ride and rarely do I see them riding pillion anymore. Good luck.

Quick Reply: I'm a turncoat