General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm a turncoat

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 08:30 PM
TexasSnake
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
Enjoy riding in that sofa on wheels. Armrests?. Come on now. That ain't riding. Probably has heated seats too.

I hear the cup-holder on the '09s is a guy named Larry.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:45 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Turn coat !? Hardly . I wish one day to find a woman who loves and trusts me enough to want to ride behind me, and allow me to be her driver. We'll be looking forward to all the great pics you can take while touring the land.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:46 PM
LAMing
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi 'Ya Rhonda!

You love to ride... right? Either on your own bike or with your hubby, right? You're a biker. Pure and simple.

I would have mixed emotions about my wife riding on the street. She rode her own bikes for decades out in the dirt with me... but she took a lot of falls. (Thankfully no serious injuries.) She rides "okay"... but I'm a'feared I would be waaaaaay too aprehensive with her on a bike on the street. The comfort of her NOT sitting behind me on the HD would be nice... but I have a feeling the trade-off in anxiety wouldn't be worth it.

So... you MAY be doing your husband a favor by climbing back on the seat with him!

Keep on postin' from the pillion! This forum needs that sort of input... and it being your input makes it that much better!

Andre Ming
Eastern OK

Old 12-27-2008, 09:50 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I see no reason to agree that you're a turncoat. I'm sure riding your own was a big accomplishment for you and that's great. Realizing your happier riding with your husband is not a bad thing. Its great that the both of you have that common ground. Enjoy your Ultra...

Old 12-27-2008, 10:00 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LAMing
She rides "okay"... but I'm a'feared I would be waaaaaay too aprehensive with her on a bike on the street. The comfort of her NOT sitting behind me on the HD would be nice... but I have a feeling the trade-off in anxiety wouldn't be worth it.
All too true for me. But there's few things wife has done that have put a bigger smile on her face than riding.

So I tolerate it, albeit with less and less hair on my head.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:53 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No reason to stop posting. Stick around.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:28 AM
D*Lucks
Advanced

Rhonda, I noticed on another current thread you mentioned you and your husband have been happily cruising on a couple of Heritages through the years. What was the thought process to get the Ultra (besides tourer, suspension, brakes, storage, just plain bigger)?

Yes, keep up the pillion posting.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:38 AM
Rhonda
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by D*Lucks
Rhonda, I noticed on another current thread you mentioned you and your husband have been happily cruising on a couple of Heritages through the years. What was the thought process to get the Ultra (besides tourer, suspension, brakes, storage, just plain bigger)?

Yes, keep up the pillion posting.
It was exactly that, the tourer, suspension, brakes, storage and just plain bigger. The comfort aspect. We absolutely loved our Heritages, but the Ultra just started appealing to us and it seemed it would be better for those longer trips. We will miss the Heritage but are looking forward to something new.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:50 AM
Rambo54
Intermediate
Smile

Lucky husband!

Old 12-28-2008, 07:01 AM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member

Sounds like holding on and talking in his ear is the thing for you. Enjoy it and keep in touch with us by telling us what you like about being on back again.

Quick Reply: I'm a turncoat