General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm a turncoat

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 04:34 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Rhonda, nice to see you post again.

I secretly wish my wife would do the same. I enjoyed our rides a lot more when she was on the bike with me. After all, we wouldn't take both cars on a trip just because she can drive, right?

I'm proud of her for passing the beginning and intermediate MSF and getting proficient on her Wide Glide, but I wish she'd just use the WG for her own around town trips and ride with me when we go together.

If she'd do that, I'd buy an Ultra tomorrow.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:40 PM
SteveB FLH
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trading in your Harley on a ricer is being a turncoat.......You are just gaining a different perspective on riding......

Old 12-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rhonda,

I have read many of your post. They have always been honest, sincere and informative. I for one prefer to read post like that no matter where you sit on a bike. Please feel free to contribute whenever you would like. I would appreciate you view to any of my post . Thank you. Good Luck with the Ultra you both will love it.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Rhonda
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the great replies! I'm really looking forward to this new transition with a touring bike. I have always loved riding on the back.....there's so much scope for the imagination! And yeah, I do love hanging onto my husband and being close that way. There's just something about it. So many stories stir up in my head when I'm riding like that. And of course there's SO much great to be said about riding your own, and I'll always cherish those memories. I will also forever give the "thumbs up" to all the women riders that ride their own that I meet.

Thanks everyone!

Old 12-27-2008, 07:26 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Say it ain't so Ro. Always enjoyed your posts especially over at PROD. Drop a line now and then to keep Dvargas on his toes

Enjoy riding in that sofa on wheels. Armrests?. Come on now. That ain't riding. Probably has heated seats too.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, but I predict you will be back. It sounds like you just haven't found the right group of locals to ride with yet, which IMO is half the fun.

Whatever you decide... enjoy!

Old 12-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Rhonda
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
Say it ain't so Ro. Always enjoyed your posts especially over at PROD. Drop a line now and then to keep Dvargas on his toes

Enjoy riding in that sofa on wheels. Armrests?. Come on now. That ain't riding. Probably has heated seats too.
Hahaha! I don't think anyone misses me over there ESPECIALLY Dvargas!!

Old 12-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Rhonda
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Mr. Lucky
Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, but I predict you will be back. It sounds like you just haven't found the right group of locals to ride with yet, which IMO is half the fun.

Whatever you decide... enjoy!
I believe you're right on that aspect. It's a rare find to find another woman that I can share the riding experience with.

Last edited by Rhonda; 12-27-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Rhonda
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JBaker421
Hi Rhonda, nice to see you post again.

I secretly wish my wife would do the same. I enjoyed our rides a lot more when she was on the bike with me. After all, we wouldn't take both cars on a trip just because she can drive, right?

I'm proud of her for passing the beginning and intermediate MSF and getting proficient on her Wide Glide, but I wish she'd just use the WG for her own around town trips and ride with me when we go together.

If she'd do that, I'd buy an Ultra tomorrow.
Nice to hear from you again Baker. Always enjoy your posts. Long time no "see."

Old 12-27-2008, 08:23 PM
bigjames19
Outstanding HDF Member

No turncoat here, enjoy the rides on the touring bike with your hubby, and I know you will be back because this forum is addicting. I'm sure your husband likes the idea of you being copilot again.

Quick Reply: I'm a turncoat