General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm a turncoat

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Solitaree1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhonda
My husband and I have had this great desire to ride an Ultra and now it looks like our dream will come true. We have ridden since 2001 and before I bought my own, I have enjoyed many, many thousand's of miles holding onto him and talking in his ear and so on while seeing the countryside on the back with him. I have no trust issues with him. So it is with these memories that I resume the back seat with no regret.

Though this life, I try many things, some things stick, some things don't, I have no regrets in trying things new...it's the spice of life.

Thanks for the memories........
I have the answer to your dilemma. Have the hubs ride bitch, while you drive.

and enquiring minds want to know, how would the nausea medication been administered??

Old 12-27-2008, 12:16 PM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

no you're not a turncoat... gotta do what makes you happy and it sounds like you'll be happy riding with your husband.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:16 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife did the same thing Rhonda nothing wrong with that, I think one day she might ride again, who knows you might just yourself, for sure no need to leave remember once a swinger, always a swinger, (words from my offshore oil days) and you do have to swing the leg over the seat to ride!! Have fun Rhonda,, stick around.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:37 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhonda
In ever Rhonda fashion, I have decided to trade my driving skills in and resume a place on the back seat of my husband's bike. I have had many good times and felt many accomplishments when riding my own. With my Sportster there has been no falls, drops, wrecks or spills. As a matter of fact, I have felt empowered. Remember my story? Anyway, I have found that I do not ride much on my own to warrant my even having the bike. Many a day I would find my Sporty in the building crying from loneliness.

My husband and I have had this great desire to ride an Ultra and now it looks like our dream will come true. We have ridden since 2001 and before I bought my own, I have enjoyed many, many thousand's of miles holding onto him and talking in his ear and so on while seeing the countryside on the back with him. I have no trust issues with him. So it is with these memories that I resume the back seat with no regret.

Though this life, I try many things, some things stick, some things don't, I have no regrets in trying things new...it's the spice of life.

I have really enjoyed posting here while I rode my own, you all have been so much fun!!! Now that I'm a turncoat.....I may not post as often since I don't ride my own, but I'm sure I'll still have questions.

Thanks for the memories........
Keep posting your road experiences and trips. Your not a turn coat at all, you're a support services for your driver! Very very important part.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:47 PM
hotrodsandharleys73
Road Master

No reason to leave as there are probably more people that don't ride their own than you think posting here.

Old 12-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

You gotta do what you gotta do. Good Luck to you!

Old 12-27-2008, 01:46 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Nothing wrong with your decision at all. I think it's awesome you enjoy riding with the Hubby and you can both enjoy it together and interact. The riding skills you've developed will make you a better passenger now anyways since you know what riding a bike truly requires.

Have fun and keep posting, no reason you shouldn't post and contribute here. You've initiated alot of excellent threads on the Forum and I've enjoyed them.

Last edited by Arizona; 12-27-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:47 PM
GONZEE
Outstanding HDF Member

GOOD GOD you make it sound like your leaving the forum dont do that, keep posting your still a babe i mean a biker babe. just cus you dont ride dose not mean you dont "RIDE". THERE IS STILL VIBRATION IN THE REAR. LOL...

Old 12-27-2008, 04:00 PM
roadgeek
Road Master

Good luck with the Ultra. Take it out for a spin and you may have to but two.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:26 PM
TexasSnake
Banned
Default Once a biker...

Originally Posted by 7/11 The Crapshooter
I give this a very sort lifespan. Going from the pillion to riding your own cuts you loose and once you are on your own it's tough to go back and stay there. I know more than a few women that have made the transition to their own ride and rarely do I see them riding pillion anymore. Good luck.
+1 on that Shooter. Never know what the future might bring back your way...

You can't stop posting Rhonda, you're the only person on my friends list!

Quick Reply: I'm a turncoat