General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Law Enforcement M/C Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 02:38 AM
david824
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frankjake
I know this is going to sound really negative and I don't mean it that way at all.

So many LE officers wonder why non law enforcement people have such a bad opinion of them. I know 7 people in the law enforcement business. I say I "know" them because I'm not really good friends with them. They never seem to really open up to "normal people". There is always that distance between them and regular people. They seem much more confortable being with other LE people than with regular people.

Our local motorcycle group has at least 1 LEO and everyone really likes this person but this person is NOT really one of the group, so to speak. This person keeps more to themself, doesn't really share a lot of info or talk about much of anything. This person is just very "distant" to everyone.

I kind of wonder why the original poster doesn't want to find out about a club in general, instead of a club for only LE officers?

Again, I don't want this to sound negative but it almost proves the point of my reply. I don't go looking for clubs that only allow Contractors. I don't look for clubs that only have tall members, or people of a certain color or ethnic background. I'll ride with just about anyone who wants to ride. One riding club I belong to has all different kinds of members. Like I said, I know thereis at least 1 law enforcement person, a few constructions workers, a few business owners, executives, truckers, nurse, a few are retired, some unemployed and a few same sex couples. Everyone in the club gets along with everyone else. No one has ever even thought about a club geared more toward their own interestes. Maybe I'm missing something.

As the OP please let me try and answer this.

As a society "we" generally like to be around others "like us". By that I mean if your a liberal your probably not going to have a bunch of conservative friends. Yes this is a generalization, but there is truth to that statement.

It's the same thing with us cops. This is our job, and my fellow officers are my "brothers". That is why I choose to hang out with my fellow officers. Don't judge me or us for that please.

Yes I have other friends, and I enjoy being around them and but's different being a cop.

I also belong to HOG and a local HOG Chapter. I am looking forwards to meeting them and riding with them.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:45 AM
david824
Advanced

Originally Posted by jblksmith1
That's a good question SC. Stress is a major factor in law enforcement. That's why I ride my bike.
Like the old saying........"you never see a motorcycle at a psychiatrist office".

Old 12-31-2008, 08:40 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RIDEIRISH
Hey Ron, saw you were on when I posted here..figured it wouldn't take you long to share your feelings...lol You just couldn't help yourself I suppose.

I give up right now, you win! But before I graciously surrender, I'll help you with your reading comprehension......

1. My opening line is pretty cut & dry, who got criticized?
2. The original poster asked a question about LEMC's in Texas, not what do you think of LEMC's, or cops wearing patches, or have you ever seen any cops in clubs, or anything but which are out there in Texas....pretty crystal clear. It wasn't directed at the previous poster to my post per se, but to ANYONE who got off topic...so once again, you missed the bull's eye...
3. Peanut gallery...yeah that's what I said...what's the matter, thin skin? It is called poetic license...I'll help you out even more, so as not to confuse you, I was including myself in that gallery....Feel better?
4. Bingo, it's a forum. Good observation. And the topic of discussion was...??? Come on now, I know you know it(hint, scroll up top, in bold black letters)...The posts asking for opinions, experiences and personal comments are elsewhere in the forum...use the search function, or better yet, start your own...There's an idea.
5. YOU could never hit my nerves...
6. I'll end it here..if you need to discuss this further, please utilize the PM feature....

It's been fun. To the original poster....I apologize for the digression.

Aw come on, you can't really be that ignorant....Or can you?

Old 12-31-2008, 12:11 PM
scootertramp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by so165
What is your problem? Were they doing something illegal for you to think they were outlaws? Why do you associate a LEO mc with an outlaw bike gang? I am a Roughneck and I uphold the law, we are a 99% club, not a 1%, you can look at I would guess 80 % of the folks out there that ride and they all look pretty similar except for the patches they wear, why is it a big deal if a bunch of cops or as in my clubs case public servants, wear a patch that links them as one group as well as bikers?
OK #1: Roughnecks = Oil rig workers. Blew my mind to find out they were cops. Just so happened the one my son met was an arrogant a**hole who thought his HD & club association made him special. (ofcourse he is my son)
#2: I' just like to know who I'm dealing with. Cops wearing three piece rockers just ain't right in my book. The Wild Pigs used to roll to Bridgeport and try to hang around gettin' info! Didn't like it then & don't like it now. They drank like fish and then went on their merry way knowing they could hide behind their badges. I tend to run with the thought that I take care of my own business and haven't really needed the police's assistance yet in my 52 years. I called em once back in the 80's when some tweaker was trying to break into my bathroom in SD. Told the dispatcher it was serious, yet they didn't show up for 20 minutes. I'd already stuffed a weapon in his face by that time. The people I've run with all my biking years police themselves. That's why I love em. I know who I'm dealin' with and if I screw up they're gonna handle it. Oh Yeah - in my world respect & patches are earned.
Allright - you asked. I responded. Everyone is entiltled to their own opinion. One of the great things about this country eh......

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Sincerely,
Peanut Gallery.

Last edited by scootertramp; 12-31-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:55 PM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by scootertramp
OK #1: Roughnecks = Oil rig workers. Blew my mind to find out they were cops. Just so happened the one my son met was an arrogant a**hole who thought his HD & club association made him special. (ofcourse he is my son)
#2: I' just like to know who I'm dealing with. Cops wearing three piece rockers just ain't right in my book. The Wild Pigs used to roll to Bridgeport and try to hang around gettin' info! Didn't like it then & don't like it now. They drank like fish and then went on their merry way knowing they could hide behind their badges. I tend to run with the thought that I take care of my own business and haven't really needed the police's assistance yet in my 52 years. I called em once back in the 80's when some tweaker was trying to break into my bathroom in SD. Told the dispatcher it was serious, yet they didn't show up for 20 minutes. I'd already stuffed a weapon in his face by that time. The people I've run with all my biking years police themselves. That's why I love em. I know who I'm dealin' with and if I screw up they're gonna handle it. Oh Yeah - in my world respect & patches are earned.
Allright - you asked. I responded. Everyone is entiltled to their own opinion. One of the great things about this country eh......

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Sincerely,
Peanut Gallery.
I knew this post would turn into a cop bashing thread sooner or later.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:01 PM
spike95
Road Master

La Familia is pretty big in Houston. Not sure about elsewhere.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:03 PM
sigmadirk69
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Lincoln33
I knew this post would turn into a cop bashing thread sooner or later.
Not bashing, just find it weird that over the years police have harassed bikers wearing colors but yet police mc's wear them WITH a territory rocker knowing what it means. The whole patch rank and structure was started by outlaws and enforced by them. LEMC wonder why they get screwed with or get **** for it. Now i have no problem with them wearing a patch but gimmer a break with the 3 piece.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Ric27
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djwhaley
del feugos

Originally Posted by david824
Wasn't that the name of the 1%'ers in the movie Wild Hogs?

David
No, they were the greaser car club in American Graffiti, circa 1972.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:33 PM
codyshop
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sigmadirk69
Not bashing, just find it weird that over the years police have harassed bikers wearing colors but yet police mc's wear them WITH a territory rocker knowing what it means. The whole patch rank and structure was started by outlaws and enforced by them. LEMC wonder why they get screwed with or get **** for it. Now i have no problem with them wearing a patch but gimmer a break with the 3 piece.
Very well said. The Barney Fifes MC on the other hand, is one fearsome club.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:52 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by scootertramp

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Sincerely,
Peanut Gallery.

You don't have a problem with LEOMCs, you have a problem with cops in general. It's pretty obvious from your posts.

It's funny that some of the things you say can apply to 1% clubs too. Seems that you might even hang with a 1% club. And that's fine if that's what you want to do. But why slam the LEOMCs that do the same things that the 1% clubs do (hopefully without getting into illegal activities).

You seem like the kind of person that, if not a member of a MC, then certainly one that respects them. Yet you don't consider a LEOMC to be just as real.

And all that is fine. 1%ers hang with 1%ers because that is who they are comfortable with. Yet many people seem to wonder why cops want to do the same thing.

Seems to me that a good portion of the people here hate cops in general. That is until they're peeing their pants and screaming for help on 911.

Anyway, have a nice day.

Hey OP. Just don't try to join the Bandidos.

Quick Reply: Law Enforcement M/C Clubs