General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Other halfs

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 04:07 AM
MDMYMD
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Other halfs

How many of your other halfs are not into riding/bikes? Does it bother you? Do they support your riding? My wife is not into bikes/riding one bit, but she does not say anything when I ride or how often. She knows its something that I really enjoyand she is actually really cool about it.
Just curious.

Old 04-12-2006, 05:43 AM
Original Junior
Road Master
Default RE: Other halfs

I'm trying to get her to try it. She said she would get on with me but my bike is a solo and I like to keep it that way. Anyway, I don't find riding two up fun. Too much worrying about her. I was going to get her a Rebel 250 but I think we are going to try the scooter route. That way I can get her out on local rides with me downtown.

Old 04-12-2006, 06:01 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

My wife doesn't have any desire to ride with me. I like that because it gives me a chance to get away from it all without having to worry about what she wants to do. I like to come and go as I please and with her along, that wouldn't be possible.

Old 04-12-2006, 06:34 AM
Xocjm
Tourer

When I met my wife I had an 00 Fatboy and she would'nt get on it. Had to sell that a couple of years age and we just bought a Softail Standard. Haven't been on it but a couple of times and she's askin when she gets to drive and that she might want her own. Told her fine by me. Take the motorcycle safety course (she's got a little experience from dirtbikes when she was a kid) get your license. Can't complain about two Harley's in the garage! Michael

Old 04-12-2006, 06:51 AM
Reino
Ultimate HDF Member

I've been with my wife since high school days (I'm 48 now) and she doesn't ride with me which is ok as it is my escape. She's been on the back of the bike only around 20 odd times all up. She doesn't stop me riding and don't mind it as it is a lifestyle that I have chosen and love. When I rode with a club she often drove the back up vehicle with some of the other wifes so she was still involved to a certain degree. On the other hand she likes tennis and swimming that I'm not into which is her escape. I'm either riding or at the gym when she does her stuff.

Old 04-12-2006, 07:04 AM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master

My wife doesn't have the desire to ride with me,although she has got on the bike once around the block to see how comfortable it is,her thoughts on us both riding the bike are these: 1)we have two boys 9&12 if both of us were killed in a accident who would raise our kids,they need at least one of us to raise them.2) it isn't my riding skills that she fears,it's the people out there who are not paying attention while they drive.
My wife made it a reality for me to own a harley,she had always known i wanted one,but could never swing the coin to buy one.she sat down one day figured what we could cut back on to come up with a reasonable payment,if I could put half the price down on the bike,the insurance and registration would be my responsability to come up with. I'm enjoying my second season on the bike,lifes great!

As far as supportive,she's always telling me to go out and ride if it's nice weather,the things/projects around the house can wait for the not so nice days. her and the kids bring home small things for the bike,my boys have a good eye for which small chrome accesories look good on the bike,lol

Old 04-12-2006, 07:36 AM
mrbearski
Cruiser

My wife loves it. She's not big on short rides, I usually will take a short ride (hour or so) every day when I get off work, but a long ride on the weekend she's all over that.

Old 04-12-2006, 07:42 AM
Blackbird
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: MDMYMD

How many of your other halfs are not into riding/bikes? Does it bother you? Do they support your riding? My wife is not into bikes/riding one bit, but she does not say anything when I ride or how often. She knows its something that I really enjoyand she is actually really cool about it.
Just curious.
My wife is like your wife when it comes to riding.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:08 AM
BBDeluxe
Cruiser

Pretty much what Mike said.

Bones

Old 04-12-2006, 08:20 AM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

My wife has no interest in riding and never gets on the bike. Last week I mentioned I'd like to get an ultra classic to use for my sumertime trips (I take a couple long trips every summer). She said I should just go and get one. She offered one of her CD's to pay for it so I wouldn't need to bother with a loan. Her only concers was if it would fit in the garage with the superglide and two cars. Maybe she likes it when I'm gone a couple weeks at a time????

Quick Reply: Other halfs