General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Other halfs

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 02:14 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Other halfs

The bike is OUR bike. Doesn't get any better than that.

Old 04-14-2006, 03:27 AM
Toytech
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife is the co-pilot/nagavator. She is a fair weather rider. I will say she pushed for the bike we purchased. She sat, she saw, she concoured. Picked the color and model. She also figured out how to pay for it while I was on...uh...err...on extended free time.
I never worry about paying the bills because I take my book keeper with me everywhere. Of course she never worries about her car breaking down because she takes her mechanic with her everywhere.

Joe

PS

No she is not up for trade.

Old 04-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Rhinohd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: veniculum

ORIGINAL: Rhinohd

ORIGINAL: veniculum

[IMG]local://upfiles/6866/4FB108292A7841B6BD185277721A5C14.jpg[/IMG]
Um Todd... Looks like you have room for a second wife on that bike!!!

My wife hardly ever likes to go for a ride. She did get the bike for me for our 10th anniversary and is extremely supportive of my HD habit. Funny thing is she likes to help me find and pick out parts. If anything she is an enabler. I tell you she may not be into the lifestyle but she sure is a KEEPER!!! Damn I love that woman of mine and I would do anything for her! (Getting all choked up) [&:]
Give me a break man...we just started dating. Nowadays, she'd probably be happier in a sidecar Plus...back then I didn't blow my own gas on her...now she gets hit with a wiff every other mile...especially if we stop for Mexican food!

Todd
It's all good man. I thought it was kinda cool she was up that close man. Just don't look too comfortable for riding. Like you said it, I was thinking time (or gas) will get her back on her seat.. LOL By the way very nice looking lady you have there ...

Old 04-14-2006, 06:16 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Tripper

The bike is OUR bike. Doesn't get any better than that.

TOTALLY AGREE!! My wife is the best co-pilot I could ever want or need. After 23 years our new Road King is our Anniversary present to each other. We ride every day that we can.

Old 04-15-2006, 01:11 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rhinohd

LOL By the way very nice looking lady you have there ...
Hey..thanks man. And she gets more and more beautiful every day

Old 04-16-2006, 04:03 AM
Bad Mojo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife was against me getting a bike for years, I drive a 600hp turbo Trans Am (probably to be sold soon in favor of a more family oriented and reliable vehicle) and she knows *how* I drive it. There was a time that she was willing to let me get a bike as long as I carried a million dollar life insurance policy. Fast forward a few years, a kid, another on the way... and I've settled down quite a bit. She actually prompted me on the bike purchase this last time I brought it up. She refuses to ride with me, she was a passenger on a motorcycle when she was a kid, the driver wrecked and she ended up with an ankle turned 180 degrees. It healed, but still bothers her on occasion and she's never gotten over the fear.