General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Other halfs

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 01:54 AM
kjriv
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Other halfs

My wifes not into riding...she'll be a passenger occassionally, but even that now she has concerns with. When we first started dating I had just "lost" my drivers license so we got around on my Ninja (couldn't NOT drive!) back in 1990. Now that we're older (yikes!) she's a bit more concerned - guess that feeling of invincibilty dissipates as the yrs pile on plus kids will make you think twice about doing things you once enjoyed.

Anyway kudos to all of you who enjoy it w/ the significant other.

Ride well and be safe!

Old 04-13-2006, 03:56 AM
The Punisher
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: MDMYMD

How many of your other halfs are not into riding/bikes? Does it bother you? Do they support your riding? My wife is not into bikes/riding one bit, but she does not say anything when I ride or how often. She knows its something that I really enjoyand she is actually really cool about it.
Just curious.
Man you know my wife, do I really have to answer!!!!

Old 04-13-2006, 04:15 AM
MDMYMD
Road Captain

Old 04-13-2006, 04:16 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine and my wife's first date was on my motorcycle. I was the first guy she ever dated that had one and she loved it immediately. Funny thing was, I was a new rider at the time and was a little wild. We're very lucky we didn't get hurt.
Anyway...we have a little girl now and my family lives pretty far away...so we don't really have babysitters too often, and it's rare when she gets a chance to get away from the baby and go riding with me...but she still loves to when she does get that chance. And she's totally supportive of me doing something that I love.

She never had any desire to ride herself...and in one way I'm happy about that...she's not the poster child for balance and coordination....at the same time, I wouldn't mind if she did want to learn to ride...it would give me an excuse to buy another harley. I will get another one one day anyway..but if she rode, it would be tomorrow.
Here's us on one of our first trips together...that harley was a rental...with a stock exhaust..yuck!

Todd

[IMG]local://upfiles/6866/4FB108292A7841B6BD185277721A5C14.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Rhinohd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: veniculum

Um Todd... Looks like you have room for a second wife on that bike!!!

My wife hardly ever likes to go for a ride. She did get the bike for me for our 10th anniversary and is extremely supportive of my HD habit. Funny thing is she likes to help me find and pick out parts. If anything she is an enabler. I tell you she may not be into the lifestyle but she sure is a KEEPER!!! Damn I love that woman of mine and I would do anything for her! (Getting all choked up) [&:]

Old 04-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Redneck
Road Captain

Man I can't go near the bike without my wife wanting to go... she is the one that's always wanting go which I truely love.
We have had so many great rides going by ourselfs and riding with our friends.

Old 04-13-2006, 04:52 PM
mrghos
Road Master

I used to have a 99 Train and my wife did not really like it until I got a better seat. I sold that bike and am about to by a SG or a EGC. I dont mind her riding with me but I would actually prefer her not to because it is so dangerous and I would not be able to live with myself if something happened to her while I was driving...She has now said she wants her own scooter but I will more than likely put my foot down and strongly discourage her. Dont like to think of what could happen...[sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 04-14-2006, 12:52 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rhinohd

ORIGINAL: veniculum

Um Todd... Looks like you have room for a second wife on that bike!!!

My wife hardly ever likes to go for a ride. She did get the bike for me for our 10th anniversary and is extremely supportive of my HD habit. Funny thing is she likes to help me find and pick out parts. If anything she is an enabler. I tell you she may not be into the lifestyle but she sure is a KEEPER!!! Damn I love that woman of mine and I would do anything for her! (Getting all choked up) [&:]
Give me a break man...we just started dating. Nowadays, she'd probably be happier in a sidecar Plus...back then I didn't blow my own gas on her...now she gets hit with a wiff every other mile...especially if we stop for Mexican food!

Todd

Old 04-14-2006, 12:57 AM
route2null0
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good question. I 've only had my ride for approx 4 mos. I upgraded the seat, installed a rigid mount sissybar/backrest to make it as comfy as possible. All in all, she still doesn't dig it like I do. It _kinda_ bothers me that she is not passionate about it as I am.

She 'claims' that she doesn't just like sittng there, sort of like she would like her own but I really dont think that is the case. I think she just doesn't like the 'wind factor'

Oh well.. mine o mine i reckon

Old 04-14-2006, 02:03 AM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

My wife had to have back surgery and hasn't rode since. She is afraid that her back will go out again. I love riding alone and my scoot looks much better with the Solo Seat. I believe she must have a big life insurance policy on me , for she encourages me to ride quite often.

Quick Reply: Other halfs