General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Other halfs

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 08:28 AM
pbrogdo
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Other halfs

Talk her into taking a quick trip with you, someplace relatively close, 15-30 minutes. The stock seat on your ride isn't very comfortable for a passenger though, I have/had one just like it. I swapped the seat out. If Momma ain't comfortable she WILL NOT ride with you. Some guys like their ladies to stay home, I personally like the hell out of my wife liking to ride with me. Don't get me wrong though, I still enjoy getting out on the road alone, it's just different. I get in less trouble when she comes along ... I tend to like ladies and cold beer. JMHO ... [sm=icon_cheers.gif] Pedro

Old 04-12-2006, 08:37 AM
Mac57
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife has no desire at all to ride herself, but she does love to ride as passenger with me. Back when we first started dating, I had a Suzuki 750 which she only took a couple rides on with me. But, she loved it. Never worried for a moment and having complete trust in me. That was twenty some odd years ago. Since then we have rented Harleys three times. Even though we could'nt afford one (numerous debts) at the time, she still insisted we buy one. I practically had to beat her off with a stick about the whole subject. Well, to make a long story short, after getting a number of issues settled (somewhat) we decided now's the time. This past February we ordered our FLHTCI. Should be in by the end of the month. I'll be 49 this summer. She will be 48. I figure since we are still able bodied enough to enjoy what has been a long held dream, go for it! Some of my friends used to kid me when I told them about my wife wanting us to get a Harley and me wanting to hold off. "Brian, you divorce her. I'll marry her and get the Harley." I'm a lucky guy.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:46 AM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

My wife will never got on the bike. She won't even ride in a car with a window down. Her idea of an adventure is trying a new brand of tea. She'd never sleep in a tent. She thinks I'm nuts when I tell her about the hours under bridges waiting for storms to pass. Her idea of a wilderness area is a Walmart parking lot with no lines painted on it. We used to take vacations together and we were both miserable. Separate vacations works best for us.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:58 AM
TattoodCaptain
Road Warrior
Received 951 Likes on 399 Posts

My wife loved riding on the back, then said "I can do this!" I got her a Honda Shadow VT700, then an XLH1200. Now she's tearing up the roads on an '04 FLSTCI Heritage Softail Classic. It's pretty bad when your Old Lady makes fun of your Dyna.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:30 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

My wife wants to but so far I havn't let her. I would prefer she get her own bike and we could ride together.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:56 AM
Groundhog
Advanced

My wife loves it and has been riding with me since high school (1974...CB 175 Honda and Triumph Tiger). She's ready to ride anytime, anywhere. We got out of biking a few years ago due to two of her brothers being killed on their bikes about 10 years apart. Both hit by drunks. The first, riding his knucklehead chopper, both he and his new wife of 3 months were killed. Some of the family sold their bikes, some didn't. The second, on his 650 Yamaha, his wife survived, he died. After that, we all sold our bikes. 10 years later, in 1999 she and I went to the Indy bike show just for something to do on a crummy Feburary weekend, I was drooling on the bikes big time and she told me to go ahead and get another one. I was floored. I was afraid of what her parents would think of her on a bike, but they have been great and really supportive. During that 10 year period when we didn't ride I tried old cars, old trucks, and guns, but nothing really took the place of a bike.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:36 AM
rogue_rob
Tourer

Hell my wife got ME riding lol.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:39 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

my wife loves to ride...the day we got engaged, i dropped it on her leg and gave her a good pipe burn...if i say, "lets go on the bike", she feels special...i do too

Old 04-12-2006, 10:40 AM
fixerdj
Tourer

My OL loves to ride. We used to do a lot of 2up, now she has her own bike. Unfortunately, it's a V-star. I keep telling her she needs to get a real bike! LOL. The only problem I have now is getting some alone time.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:55 AM
firestarter
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before we were married I did not own a car, we went everywhere on the bike. Now 2 kids and 22 years later so has no desire to go for a ride. She does not mind that I ride and I too enjoy going off by myself and getting away. She also enjoys her time when I am off riding for hours.

Quick Reply: Other halfs