Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use RB Racing exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 09:27 PM
wiseguy2day
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use RB Racing exhaust?

I'm ready to switch over to a 2 into 1 and a new carb as part of the winter makeover. I saw a bike with their exhaust and it looked pretty good but I never got to talk to the rider. Their website is pretty solid with lots of good info that makes me think their exhaust is the best thing since sliced bread. I'd like to hear feedback from anyone that's seen a set or heard one. It would really be nice to hear from someone that has a set on their scoot and can give me some feedback as far as sound, numbers, looks, etc.

I can only daydream with -25 wind chills and snow drifts outside.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:59 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Well, although I've never owned them, and since nobody has responded to your post yet, I'll start out by saying I've heard nothing but GOOD reviews from this pipe. Few guys on the Dyna forum own the pipe and they just rave about the damn thing. Supposedly its the best 2-1 pipe on the market. I've heard a couple of clips on youtube of these pipes and they sound REALLY good. I kinda wish I had given them a try before my T-Headers, but I'm REALLY happy with my pipe. But, I've read that they are made as the order is placed, so you could wait at least a couple months, maybe more before you ever see them. Good luck with your decision my friend!

Old 12-22-2008, 03:27 PM
wiseguy2day
Road Master

Thanks for the input. I didn't even think to look on youtube for any videos. I'll have to go snooping on the dyna pages. (uncharted territory, lol). I can't wait to get all of this done, i've got a box full of parts in my room that are waiting to be installed. Just a few more things and I can finally get going.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:37 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,264 Likes on 2,550 Posts

I've been running a LSR c-style going on 3 years now.1st got it with stage 1,S+S 510 cams and a SERT.The guy that tuned my bike hated it,said it took way to long to dial it in.Said it acted way different from Pro Pipes and T-Headers that have become the norm.At the time I thought it pulled like a raped ape and was more than satisfied.
When we did the 95" and head work the #'s were even better considering the small cams.Pulls from the git go in the built motor and has a sound that is like nothing else out there.Went thru 3 different exhaust before I got what I wanted. Not the best looking exhaust out there but I couldn't see spending the money on the build and be restricted on the exhaust.Sounds kinda like early 70's LT-1 Corvette with Hooker side pipes with no baffles.Deep and raspy.They don't cost any more than most pipes out there these days.Not for everyone I guess.Seen some negative responses here and other places about RB'S customer service and phone dealings with them being smart asses but I've never experienced that with them.They delivered in the time frame I was told and the fit and finish is way above par with stuff I've seen out there.Remember these pipes are built to order and not mass produced so expect to wait for them.No directions are included but if you need help putting an exhaust on a Harley you don't need to be working on your own bike.Pretty straight forward and they fit so good it's a no brainer. Gonna use their new Pro Stock pipe on my Sportster build which is really gonna be used more for bracket racing than street use.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard mixed reviews. The guys at GMR don't really like them. The LSR guys act like everything else is crap. I've heard they are a real bitch to tune.

I almost got one for my Dyna, but the reviews were too mixed for my taste...

I think that may be due to quality control issues, they are a pretty small joint, so some come out better than others.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:54 PM
wiseguy2day
Road Master

Cool, thanks guys. I really like the pro pipe from them. I think it looks the cleanest out of their selection. I'm not ready to buy right now but I'll be ready soon. I'm running Vance and Hines sideshots right now and their Fu$%ing LOUD, don't do anything performance wise and scrape the living hell out of them when I make right turns. They look cool as hell but I'm ready for some real performance upgrades. 2 into 1, mikuni carb (I think the HSR 42 will be enough) and next winter will be a 95" kit.

Monk, what kind of exhaust is that?

Old 12-22-2008, 11:09 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Ask this question on the Touring forum as well. There are a couple of guys over there that swear by the RB exhaust.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wiseguy2day

Monk, what kind of exhaust is that?
Mine?

V&H Indy Race Pipe, street version. It still eats up some lean angle on the right. That's my biggest complaint.

http://www.vhmotorsports.com/products.html