General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone gone from a bagger back to a...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008 | 11:49 AM
tano01
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Tony P
I went by the dealer after I started this thread. Sat on just about everything. I still like the RK standard. The Heritage is nice (rented one in Daytona and really liked it), but I can't get past all those studs and conchos. Sat on the Crossbones and the Street Bob - I just like the look and feel of those two. I know that 'Bones is nice with that counter balanced motor.

At 52, I feel I'm not ready to give up the essence of motorcycling. Maybe I'm an old biker wannabe, but damn, at what point does it become convertable on two wheels?
I bought my RK standard because it was kind of in between. I love it. I'd love to have a Crossbones in the garage, but it ain't in the budget right now. I would not get rid of the RK. I really like that bike.

Old 12-15-2008 | 11:57 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member

Yep, Softail. Softail you ride in, bagger you ride on.

Old 12-15-2008 | 12:31 PM
Tony P
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harley_Dude
Yep, Softail. Softail you ride in, bagger you ride on.
That's true about the softail. When I rented the Heritage I felt I was riding with it and not on it. I need to rent an RK to compare.

Old 12-15-2008 | 12:36 PM
Noble Jim
Road Master

Many stories here. I went from a Sporty to a Fatboy...I was happier than a pig in $ht. To please my wife of 42 years, I bought (traded for) a new 08 Ultra. I just aint that happy any more. Maybe it is because my wife just doesn't ride with me so much anymore. Do you suppose that a RK would be the happy medium? Don't get me wrong, I like my Ultra but I sure miss my Boy.

Old 04-11-2009 | 09:15 PM
fojenx
Novice
Default bagger to softail to bagger

Originally Posted by tima
Just wish I could have both, but don't have the $$!
I have felt the same way; so I added hardbags and a fairing w/ stereo on a 2008 FatBoy (I call it the FatGlide). Both the hardbags and fairing come off in less than 20 minutes (the Fattie). My favorite set up is the hardbags and windshield (the FatKing).

But if I can overcome the $$ for another, I'm thinking Ultra.

Old 04-11-2009 | 09:24 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

My first bike was a toss up between a Fatboy or the Road King...really only because I didn't have any experience with a larger bike. I chose the RK and am very glad that I did...but I often wish I had a Softail to play with...probably a X-Bones. If it came down to only one bike I wouldn't ever consider moving from a touring bike to a softy.

Old 04-11-2009 | 09:27 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Default Road King to a Dyna

My first Harley was a Road King. Nice bike but I like to be able to ditch the bags. I love the FL front end but didn't want the Heritage so I got the Dyna and I'm in the process of making it what I want and they don't make anymore.

Old 04-11-2009 | 09:32 PM
semperfi211
Advanced

I went back, never used all the radios and CB's. I like having the wind in my face and not sending up sparks from Ultra's floorboards on some good twisties.

Old 04-11-2009 | 09:36 PM
oct1949
Club Member

OK cant compare a aspendcade to a bagger, but had three wings, last a asp, and when I got the harley I didnt even look at a bagger. Love My Heritage, and dont want another wrap around bags, touring bike.....Wife don't like the tour box on the rear or the batwing.
just us............we don't cruise the open road, just mostly within our county, and it fits our riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-15-2009 | 12:37 AM
Tom96FLHTC
Advanced

Absolutely no way I will do it. On my third ultra classic now and lovin' it!

Quick Reply: Has anyone gone from a bagger back to a...