General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone gone from a bagger back to a...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008 | 01:58 AM
Juno
Banned

Originally Posted by Tony P
A bunch of interesting responses... Bottom line: To each his own.
Well TP, what move are you gonna make?

Old 12-14-2008 | 04:17 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member

I love my Low its quick and can tour but when I retire will add a Road Glide for the comfort of very long trips two up. I earned it.

Old 12-14-2008 | 04:42 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member

I had an ElectraGlide way back when... Early 70's

I took the bags off... I took the windshield off...

Been having Sportsters, SuperGlides ever since...

I have a Bones now along with my Sportster...

I find I still ride the Sportster more... go figure...

Charlie D.

Old 12-14-2008 | 09:03 AM
TowJam
Road Warrior

I've gone back and forth several times. I've owned two Road Glides but I prefer the ergos and the lighter weight of the Dynas. Yeah, you give up the softer suspension, storage and some wind protection, but to me, a Dyna feels as comfortable as pair of my favorite old tennis shoes.

Old 12-14-2008 | 09:24 AM
softail04
Road Master

Originally Posted by bikergeoff
I bought a 74 sporty as a basket case. I always wanted one, and at the time it was a cheap way to get on a Harley. At the time my daily ride was a 99 Honda Shadow Aero 1100. Before I finished the Sporty, however, I had an opportunity to get a deal on a used 01 Ultra. I grabbed the Ultra, and just recently finished my chop/restoration of the Sporty. Now I have the best of both.
any pics of the sporty ?? I just picked up an old iron head from my daughter and want to chop it

Old 12-14-2008 | 09:44 AM
capnez
Cruiser

I have a 03 fxd and can do 600 mi in a day no prob on ruber mounted dyna. Do not understad why some have geezer glides or barkoloungers and just bar hop.As long as you pay for it ride what makes you happy

Old 12-14-2008 | 10:04 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rydermike
Yep! Sure am , anything less than a Bagger sure does feel like a little bike to me.Not honda dream machine little , just more like something to stay in town with , then again use my Ultra for a commuter bike .
Ok, that's what it feels like to you. I get what your saying there now..but now you got me with "just more like something to stay in town with"...lol. I ride my "lil" dyna all up and down the east coast and have 300-500 mile weekend rides almost every weekend. I guess it's a comfort thing you're talking about..but still I'm confused...I'd think that without the bags and the fairings and lowers and all the other stuff.. taken off your bike..it would be about the same as mine..help me understand better Mike, please..

Old 12-14-2008 | 10:29 AM
Tony P
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Juno
Well TP, what move are you gonna make?
Not sure... In this economy, prudence is key. My FDX is paid for and I finally found what was causing the annoying buzz in the bars/pegs/seat. I may add some detacheable bags and ride it a few more years...

Old 12-14-2008 | 10:44 AM
pt4u2nv
Road Captain

I am fortunate enough to have 2 bikes in my stable.....so no decision for me . A custom chopper and SG for when I need to take the wifey along. The rest are right....best of both worlds and I love both of them. If I had to make a choice it would probably be keep the SG...lot less hassles and can do alot more long distance riding. But then again the chopper is way more fun .

Last edited by pt4u2nv; 12-14-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-14-2008 | 11:09 AM
fxdwg_rugby
Road Master

My wide glide is built for taller riders an ultra is much more confining....

Quick Reply: Has anyone gone from a bagger back to a...