General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone gone from a bagger back to a...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009 | 01:19 PM
hackenfort
Banned

Sure did - We were riding two up for a long time, then she got her licencee....

I went out and traded in on a V-ROD, I know mid-life thing I guess.... She bought a new Dyna Glide... Well then I had to have a Dyna Glide too!

Guess what we are buying a non-HD touring style bike this week, just for those times we want to ride together. I don't know where we are going to put it in the Garage!

So we went full circle - I don't know if you can have too many bikes - but I'm happy.

Old 05-12-2009 | 01:28 PM
netvampire
Tourer

I'm considering this at the moment, havent had my bike long and was hoping it would work out for me.I dont tour and wanted a bike for short trips and around town. the price for what you got was to hard to pass up on.So i took at chance, its a great ride and i do really like it, until having to find parking spaces and moving it around. just seems to much of a bike for my needs. thinking of trying a deluxe since alot lighter and narrower. still cant make up my mind.its a real hard decision to make as i cant afford two bikes.

Old 05-12-2009 | 01:36 PM
Phrogman
Road Warrior

I went from a 2006 Street Glide to a 2009 Fat Bob. I had a 1988 FXRS before the Street Glide and found that I really missed the smaller bike, especially during my daily commute. If I was doing more long distance touring, I'd probably want another bagger, but with small kids that's not much of an option.

Old 05-12-2009 | 02:39 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member

I am fortunate enough to have two bikes. I bought the Softail Springer while I owned an '05 Electra Glide. I will probably own a bagger for the rest of my riding years.

Old 05-12-2009 | 04:54 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

Back when Harley first started building Superglides I bought a few hoping for some asphalt ripping performance.enjoyed them for a few years now back to baggers with big motors,and modified suspensions.The best of both worlds.

Old 05-12-2009 | 05:35 PM
Mr Zip
Road Captain

Got a SG and sold my fatboy. I think I'm a bagger to the core. Don't really care to own anything else unless its something with some history.

Old 05-12-2009 | 06:49 PM
Tony P
|
Seasoned HDF Member

This thread has legs! I recently tested all the 09' touring models and loved 'em all! I especially liked the Street Glide. However, my FDX is paid for and it does everything I need it to do. One day, when I get serious about touring, I will own a real bagger.

Old 05-27-2009 | 05:13 PM
98Ultra
Road Master

I had a 74/78 Sportster with leather bags, sportbob tank and windshield, bag on the sissy bar too. I could carry most of what I might need. Nice big soft seat too. I never rode it more than 250 miles in a day and sure wasn't gonna take a 3 day 1500 mile trip on it. Sooo, I bought a 98, 95th Anniversary Ultra. Ride it back and forth from eastern NC to middle Tn. Love it on the highway but I sold the sportster and missed it for around town. Now I'm riding/working on a 73 Sportster. Got it outside work right now. Rode it to lunch yesterday and today. Getting ready to pull it in the shop and take the cage home.
I just had to have TWO bikes.

Old 05-27-2009 | 07:18 PM
K00LJerk
Road Captain

I traded up from a deuce to a RG man at first I hated it damn thing shook like it was gonna stall top heavy and harder to push around. I went to Sturgis, Reno, Vegas and Redding last year all that highway changed my mind quick.

Old 05-27-2009 | 08:16 PM
plutnicki
Road Master

I went from a '01 Deuce, to an '07 Road King Custom, back to a '09 Softail Deluxe. Truth be told, I loved the Custom, but I *had* to sell it at the time.

Of course, the Custom isn't a choice any more, and the Deluxe combines the stability I liked in the Custom, with the looks and style I liked from the Deuce.

Simple fact is, I don't tour. My longest day is 200 - 250 miles, a Softail works fine for that, and the tourers just felt too, "battleshippy" for me.

Quick Reply: Has anyone gone from a bagger back to a...