General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do you feel like "just screw it" i am outa here

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008 | 11:33 AM
mark10
|
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default do you feel like "just screw it" i am outa here

yeh - today is one of those days.

my daughter doesn't call or write or email. my other daughter just bitched me out for talking to her cause she is in a bad mood cause she got up late and might not finish her homework in time for finals and might just drop her class. my son said the other day - i will shovel the snow if you pay me. my wife is really getting to me. the bills are too high. the job stinks. they just cut my pay by 10%. my mother is telling me that i need to take 'nice' lessons from my nephew (who my mom has a school girl crush on). its cold and there is snow on the ground.

and man do i want to just chuck it all and leave.

but the funny thing is, every day dream, every fantasy, includes the HD, includes the bike. it might be heading out west, but it is with the bike. it might be getting a job in AZ, but it includes the bike. it might be moving down south, but the bike is always there.

like is this bad or what.

alright, done with the daydreaming and fantasy.

my daughter who doesn't call or write is really trying to be on her own and become independant and do her own thing. we all went thru it, it is just that this is the first time i am on the other side and i really miss her.

mu other daughter just finished up with 3 days of all school on 3 hrs sleep a night to finish up her architect class and in the process had one of her models ruined as a door swung too quickly on it. she has been doing really well and wants to keep her gpa up so she can transfer to a 4yr from our 2yr college. she has been working hard and just had trouble getting up this morning and was really mad at herself not me.

my son was attempting to show off in front of a friend and what can i say, he inherited my sarcastic sense of humor. he works 2 jobs and is doing well in school.

the wife has been there for almost 30 years and she really is the better half.

the job stinks. but at least i have a job with a fairly good company.
they did cut my pay by 10% but i still make enough anyway.

my mother, is 90, and i am lucky to still have her around but she is difficult. but she is right cause my nephew is one hell of a guy, almost one of my best friends.

its cold and there is snow on the ground. well like yeh - its winter - what would you expect.

so i am really lucky and leaving would be the most stupid thing i could do.

but man i still would like to take a nice long ride out west or down south or whatever. and the only important thing is it would be with the bike.

yep the job is really boring today

Old 12-11-2008 | 11:37 AM
northern64
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 29 Posts

+1

thats about all i can say!

Old 12-11-2008 | 11:41 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

Sounds like your day is getting better the more YOU think about it!

Old 12-11-2008 | 11:42 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Well, I find that gratitude is a good way to keep from getting down about the way thing sare. You touched on this in the second half of your post. My life may not be where I wnat it, but it is pretty good considering I have a Harley, as does my wife. My birthday was on Tuesday and all i got was enough money to pay for half of my motorcycle insurance for the year. I was hoping to get enough to pay for all of it and then be able to get some more stuff for the bike. Oh well. At elast I can pay for part of it now. My job doesn't pay much but it provides a place to live rent free as part of my salary along with paying for my cell phone, cable, internet and utilities. That's a big plus. I got a bad cold and will ahve to stay home this weekend to rent units. No riding for me most likely unless someone comes through today or tomorrow, but hey it could be worse.

I could be homelss living on a street corner without a dime in my pocket and no food to eat. There is always someone who has it far worse than me. To top it off I am unable to get holiday gifts for people if I wnat to eat, but hey I'll amke them something. That works fine.

Old 12-11-2008 | 11:45 AM
un3asyrider
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey mark, i used to live in illinois! i like az better... keep yer head up man.

Old 12-11-2008 | 11:47 AM
PastorTom
Elite HDF Member

I hear ya to..
I don't get that way now.. I have a loving wife who is my best friend in the world..

But see.. I kinda did that many, many years ago, Mid 70's.. Everything I owned was strapped to the back of my bike.. I just went where I wanted, almost when I wanted to go.. Money wasen't a huge issue.. . Nuff said there..
It was a Young Mans Fancy.. I do dream somedays tho.. If I had the Money, and not the current house fulla kids.. Buy a Couple new Ultra's and Mama and I just spend a few months just goin, wherever and whenever..
PT

Old 12-11-2008 | 11:50 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Gee, Mark, sounds like a 'normal' day here at Dacotah Do-All and the Mighty Minnesoata Meyer Menagerie.
Let me know when you're heading west, I'll meet ya down on I-80, and I'll split the gas with ya.

Must be the alignment of the planets. Struck here, too.

Old 12-11-2008 | 11:54 AM
roadking1893
Tourer

you know it's the season for that we can B***h about will show up. Here's a thought for yeah. try doing without any of those that irritates you. I alway say that to my girlfriend when she seems to notice the negative from everything specially when it comes to food not being cooked the way she wants it. I came from a world where I did not know where my next meal will come from. So to bring her back to reality I just tell her "try doing without it" the inproperly cooked food.

By the way I feel yeah about the daugthers I have two of my own trying to do their own thing in the process I don't hear from them. One thing I do I make when they need me I am there and I am the first that comes to their to perform magic to bail them out. Happy Holidays.

Old 12-11-2008 | 11:54 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I feel your pain as I have 3 daughters...all in private schools and all doing well. My oldest (18) is just in her last year of High School and applying to Colleges all over the place and just got accepted to one yesterday so she will be leaving the nest in August 09. I sure am going to miss her for sure. The other 2 are doing very well academically as well.

It is a sobering reality to realize that your adult life is no longer about you anymore and that there are people who depend on your support everyday. BUt, if you are bored with your job...why not get trained on a different job that is more rewarding? I went back to school at night for years to get a degree to work in the corporate world and now own my own business.

It is never too late to change things for the better in your life.

Old 12-11-2008 | 11:58 AM
roadking1893
Tourer

Off the subject. Mark just noticed where you are located with the stuff going on in your area I would want take a long ride west to.

Quick Reply: do you feel like "just screw it" i am outa here