General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do you feel like "just screw it" i am outa here

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008 | 07:20 PM
Road sling
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you have something to be proud of. My wife has two brothers and one sister. One brother is 37 and hasnt worked in over 15 years and still watches his 73 yr old dad mow the yard after his old *** gets off work. what a slug. the other brother is a lawyer that bilks money from his old dad because he is a crappy lawyer that makes bad decisions and lives beyond his means. And lastly, my wifes sister has a gambling problem. Sounds like your doing a good job on your kids. I cant say the same about my father and law. The funny thing is my wife must have escaped the dumbass gene. She is one damn fine lady. Hey if you see a dude in your dreams that is riding a black road king its probably me having the same dream. Hang in there bro

Old 12-11-2008 | 07:30 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

I was shooting at a squirrel with my BB gun and pinched my finger in the 'cocking' lever. I know....my troubles are small. Just wanted to share.
Say HI to your 90 year old Mom (mine is dead).

Chuck

Old 12-11-2008 | 07:42 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well jeez, woe is me it's snowing out side. Cold and nasty, BUT I couldn't ride anyway cause my bike is in the shop, BUT it's getting and new custom paint job and a 95" big bore kit, HI comp heads and 37 cam.

Woe is me, my favorite aunt who help raise me died last month on my birthday... BUT, she left me a quarter of a million bucks. I miss her though.
Marsh

Old 12-11-2008 | 08:15 PM
kbear
Road Captain

Just need to get on the bike and go really fast. My oldest daughter moved out this year, I miss her. Youngest is emotionally insane and probably will be till she is 25 when the brain starts to come in. Son is out there somewhere haven't heard from him in a year the little bugger though the outlaws have heard from him. Has called just not when we are home and he knows it. The "others" our foster kids see us more than him.

Grandfather warned me "don't have kids you get attached to some of em and they ignore you and others you want drown..." "All kids at age 12 should be walled up in groups and fed through a hole in the wall until they get a brain at 25"

Old 12-11-2008 | 08:36 PM
SavannahBob
Tourer

I checked out for a while a few years ago, left on a 34' sailboat.
Was gone about 6 years.
Got rid of everything. Found out how little material things mean,
and how gracious God can be.
Life does get better.

Old 12-11-2008 | 09:05 PM
jwlehman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lucky Man...

Whether you know it or not, you just wrote a country song

One of my favorite songs, is "Lucky Man" by Mongomery Gentry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfpb6c_DL1A

I have days where I hate my job,
This little town and the whole world too
And last sunday when the bengals lost
Lord it put me in a bad mood

I have moments when I curse the rain
Then complain when the suns too hot
I look around at what everyone has
And I forget about all I've got

[chorus]
But I know Im a lucky man
Gods given me a pretty fair hand
Got a house and piece of land
A few dollars in a coffee can
My old dyna's still runnin' good
My tickers tickin like they say it should
I've got supper in the oven
A good woman's lovin
And one more day to be my little kids dad
Lord knows I'm a lucky man

Got some friends that would be here fast
I could call em any time of day
Got a brother who's got my back
Got a momma who I swears a saint
Got a brand new rod and reel
Got a full week off this year
Dad had a close call last spring
It's a miracle he's still here

[chorus]

My old dyna's still runnin' good
My tickers tickin like they say it should
I got supper in the oven
A good womans lovin'
And even my bad days aint that bad
Yeah I'm a lucky man

I'm a lucky, lucky man

Last edited by jwlehman; 12-11-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-11-2008 | 09:11 PM
OsoFat
Cruiser

Yeah, great song.

Old 12-11-2008 | 10:33 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mark10
yeh - today is one of those days.

my daughter doesn't call or write or email. my other daughter just bitched me out for talking to her cause she is in a bad mood cause she got up late and might not finish her homework in time for finals and might just drop her class. my son said the other day - i will shovel the snow if you pay me. my wife is really getting to me. the bills are too high. the job stinks. they just cut my pay by 10%. my mother is telling me that i need to take 'nice' lessons from my nephew (who my mom has a school girl crush on). its cold and there is snow on the ground.

and man do i want to just chuck it all and leave.

but the funny thing is, every day dream, every fantasy, includes the HD, includes the bike. it might be heading out west, but it is with the bike. it might be getting a job in AZ, but it includes the bike. it might be moving down south, but the bike is always there.

like is this bad or what.

alright, done with the daydreaming and fantasy.

my daughter who doesn't call or write is really trying to be on her own and become independant and do her own thing. we all went thru it, it is just that this is the first time i am on the other side and i really miss her.

mu other daughter just finished up with 3 days of all school on 3 hrs sleep a night to finish up her architect class and in the process had one of her models ruined as a door swung too quickly on it. she has been doing really well and wants to keep her gpa up so she can transfer to a 4yr from our 2yr college. she has been working hard and just had trouble getting up this morning and was really mad at herself not me.

my son was attempting to show off in front of a friend and what can i say, he inherited my sarcastic sense of humor. he works 2 jobs and is doing well in school.

the wife has been there for almost 30 years and she really is the better half.

the job stinks. but at least i have a job with a fairly good company.
they did cut my pay by 10% but i still make enough anyway.

my mother, is 90, and i am lucky to still have her around but she is difficult. but she is right cause my nephew is one hell of a guy, almost one of my best friends.

its cold and there is snow on the ground. well like yeh - its winter - what would you expect.

so i am really lucky and leaving would be the most stupid thing i could do.

but man i still would like to take a nice long ride out west or down south or whatever. and the only important thing is it would be with the bike.

yep the job is really boring today
I hear ya. Things are better here but at one time it was the kids and the wife against me. At that time I bought the dog I've always wanted so there would be at least one person glad to see me.

7 years later the kids are gone and the wife was disappointed. She thought siding with them made her there bestest friend. Not! I knew at some point in time she would realize kids are yours for only a very brief period and then they are there own people. Things are much better. I still have my wonderful pooch...and the wife too.

Moral of the story...quiters never win and winners never quit!

Old 12-11-2008 | 10:49 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,258 Likes on 4,784 Posts

I got my mini zeppelin caught in my Zipper this morning if that makes ya feel any better. Actually I got it caught even if it doesn't make ya feel any better.

Just tryin to help.

Old 12-11-2008 | 10:58 PM
psc
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

just do it!

Quick Reply: do you feel like "just screw it" i am outa here