General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do you feel like "just screw it" i am outa here

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008 | 01:37 PM
2kanzam
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Juno
Don't go thinking it's any better here!!
It's not to take off and necessarily settle. It would be to take off and see things I've never seen before and meet different people. To sleep somewhere different if not every night, then at least every week. To not be tied down with responsibilities, ownership and relations. To be free.

...and before people chime in about how it's not all it's cracked up to be, or you'll need money etc. etc. I have actually been homeless before. Believe it or not, more or less by choice. I was finishing up school, still worked, just didn't wanna settle down anywhere because I didn't know where I wanted to. I lived in my car, tent or on friends floors...and I did that for quite some time.

After I sold All I could; house (luckily my loan is set up so that I could just sign over payments), car, guns ...EVERYTHING, I would actually have a good amount of cash. I'm also very resourceful and I've always been independent.....I could live for a long time without having to get a job. (not that you HAVE to...but If I want to go somewher on the bike...)

Old 12-11-2008 | 01:46 PM
Juno
Banned

Originally Posted by 2kanzam
It's not to take off and necessarily settle. It would be to take off and see things I've never seen before and meet different people. To sleep somewhere different if not every night, then at least every week. To not be tied down with responsibilities, ownership and relations. To be free.

...and before people chime in about how it's not all it's cracked up to be, or you'll need money etc. etc. I have actually been homeless before. Believe it or not, more or less by choice. I was finishing up school, still worked, just didn't wanna settle down anywhere because I didn't know where I wanted to. I lived in my car, tent or on friends floors...and I did that for quite some time.

After I sold All I could; house (luckily my loan is set up so that I could just sign over payments), car, guns ...EVERYTHING, I would actually have a good amount of cash. I'm also very resourceful and I've always been independent.....I could live for a long time without having to get a job. (not that you HAVE to...but If I want to go somewher on the bike...)
I actually did that very thing in the early 80's. I worked various jobs in various places. I went all over. All around the U.S. Even flew to Hawaii and drove from Montana to Alaska.

Old 12-11-2008 | 02:02 PM
mark10
|
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

man - some interesting lifes out there. if i did write i book, i would have to get some material from here, thats for sure.

i have never done the long term vagabond thing. and have worked pretty steady since i was 16. but i did spend 2 yrs in the service with 3 months in fort ord california and then the remainder in okinawa where i traveled around and then did the trans siberian express when i got discharged. then stayed in europe with a friend for a couple of weeks.

back here did some consulting/contracting and so would go to variuos cities on assignment for a couple days to weeks, so i got to see a lot of different cities. and then also lived in south america (caracas) for 2 years on assignment.

so i have had the opportunity to kinda vagabond and get paid for it.

but just am feeling the need for some freedom -

Old 12-11-2008 | 02:22 PM
Mighty MO
Tourer

Go south friend, let me know when you're passing through southern MO and I'll go with you.

Old 12-11-2008 | 03:01 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well like the dealership says, that sounds "Normal". sounds like you have some cabin fever, empty nest syndrome, and the grind of daily living. But, you are blessed with a good wife, kids, parent, a job, and a Harley! you're doing good man, just plan that trip and take when you can. head west young man

Old 12-11-2008 | 03:12 PM
gazzer
Advanced

Hey, Im so unlucky if I fell in a bucket of hooters I"d come out sucking my thumb!

Old 12-11-2008 | 03:36 PM
buckskin
Intermediate

You sound like the most level headed person out there.

Old 12-11-2008 | 03:47 PM
OsoFat
Cruiser

It looks like just writing about your thoughts has brought you some peace. Little girls grow up and a try to prove they don't need Daddy any more. Give her a call to let her know that Daddy still needs her. I saw this video the other day, and it brought back a flood of good memories with my daughter.
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...a.soldier.wxii

Bear

Old 12-11-2008 | 03:54 PM
Softail Girl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OsoFat
It looks like just writing about your thoughts has brought you some peace. Little girls grow up and a try to prove they don't need Daddy any more. Give her a call to let her know that Daddy still needs her. I saw this video the other day, and it brought back a flood of good memories with my daughter.
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...a.soldier.wxii

Bear
That video is even better than a Hallmark commercial. It puts a lot of things in perspective, doesn't it?

Thanks for the link.

Old 12-11-2008 | 05:50 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,868 Likes on 2,556 Posts

Hey Mark, better keep an eye on the seat on your scoot, someone just might want to sell it too.

Quick Reply: do you feel like "just screw it" i am outa here