General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do you feel like "just screw it" i am outa here

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008 | 12:00 PM
Juno
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn Mark, have you ever thought of writing a novel?

Old 12-11-2008 | 12:09 PM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell, I can't count the number of times my imagination has had me ridin west on the scoot to get away from it all. Day dreamin 'bout some kinda pressure-relief sanity valve is just natural...it's what ya do...or, in this case, don't do 'bout the desire to run away that counts. To quote an old cliche...I love my family more than life itself...but they still gets on me nerves every once in a while. My job...now, that's 'nuther matter altogether...c'monnnnnnnnn Powerball!

Old 12-11-2008 | 12:22 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 21,573 Likes on 8,473 Posts

Hang in there buddy, it could and may get worse.

Old 12-11-2008 | 12:25 PM
mark10
|
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

wow

every now and then i post something and think - man - this won't get any responses or this will get some negative responses

these have been pretty neat

KBFXDLI - have thought about what else i could do but the prob is that i make good money (dba - database admin) and would most probably not be able to replace it, and at this time i need the money. plus i have age (56) kinda against me. sort of thinking of 'retiring' to a different job. my nephew owns a packaging company and i have talked to him about prgramming the machines or maintaining them. but like i said he is a good friend and i don't want to jepradize that relationship. but have also thought about computer forensics and have taken some classes in that area. and along that same vein........

JUNO - why you say, have you ever thought about writting a novel. reason i ask is because i have. will i? mmmmm. don't know. but i do have a plot line and to beginnings. funny that both of them include a moto, and one has the main character in mid life crises running away from it all.

Old 12-11-2008 | 12:29 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Heck I feel better already,lots of the same stuff going on with my kids,always good to stop and count your blessings,but a trip out west this summer would be great.......

Old 12-11-2008 | 12:32 PM
Pablo22
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 24 Posts

Stopped at O'Hare a few times on my way to England - it seemed to always be snowing. Couldn't imagine a riding "season" out here. Damn, I look forward to rain just so I can go riding in it and get more practice for those trips around the country.

Things are tough all over right now - we're all in this together. Keep your head up!

Old 12-11-2008 | 12:36 PM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Nothing like the winter blues.

Old 12-11-2008 | 12:39 PM
Juno
Banned

Originally Posted by mark10
JUNO - why you say, have you ever thought about writting a novel.
While your grammer has yet to be perfected, you definately have the day-dreaming nature which is the definative quality of the novel writer. If and when you find the time, I think you should give it a go.

Old 12-11-2008 | 12:43 PM
2kanzam
Tourer

I've been thinking about just "taking off" alot lately...and like you it involves the bike. Thing is, I might actually do it.

I just bought a house (my first) and moved in last week. I was told this monday that my job might be outsourced. (and "they" say energy/ utilities is one of the safest places to be right now!?!?!) There's not many other options for employment around here, especially considering all the lay-offs that are occurring. I have no kids, most of my family is dead or very far away.

So If and when I do lose my job, I've been thinking about selling my car, house and everything else and just taking off. Problem is the dog...I couldn't leave her, my best friend. But I've seriously been thinking about a sidecar!

Old 12-11-2008 | 01:13 PM
Juno
Banned

Originally Posted by 2kanzam
I've been thinking about just "taking off" alot lately...and like you it involves the bike. Thing is, I might actually do it.

I just bought a house (my first) and moved in last week. I was told this monday that my job might be outsourced. (and "they" say energy/ utilities is one of the safest places to be right now!?!?!) There's not many other options for employment around here, especially considering all the lay-offs that are occurring. I have no kids, most of my family is dead or very far away.

So If and when I do lose my job, I've been thinking about selling my car, house and everything else and just taking off. Problem is the dog...I couldn't leave her, my best friend. But I've seriously been thinking about a sidecar!
Don't go thinking it's any better here!!

Quick Reply: do you feel like "just screw it" i am outa here