General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NYC to begin seizing loud bikes - EPA stickers soon required

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008 | 09:49 AM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor

I couldn't really see the point of having a Harley there anyways.

Old 12-11-2008 | 10:02 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member

It aint about noise,--- it's about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$! That's the sad thing

Old 12-11-2008 | 10:14 AM
hotrodsandharleys73
Road Master

WOW is this really such a problem in NYC that their leaders wasted time drafting a law like this? Maybe they can have all the gangbangers help them to enforce it, they are probably the only ones armed there.

Old 12-11-2008 | 10:19 AM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by BadBobOk
It must really suck to live in NYC. I mean, there's no hand guns, **** fighting, NASCAR, decent BBQ or Mexican food. What the hell is there to do for entertainment?
Stand on any street corner in Manhattan, or better yet, Times Square and you will find plenty to keep you entertained for hours. Of course, similar to Mexico City, there is a copy on every corner to try and keep the "entertainment" under control. I must say I have never heard a loud motorcycle in New York City.

Old 12-11-2008 | 11:00 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member

"YOU" have to get involved. "YOU" have to act.
This is what happens when "YOU" let someone else 'do it'.

We live a couple of 'blocks' off the major hiway here, and I LOVE to hear the Harleys go by. And those with 'pipes', we can hear almost a mile away when they're coming and going. Sounds 'nice'. BUT if 'they' are hammering on the pipes 'in town' or in a residential area, I'll be the first to jump 'their' azz. It's called, 'respect'. And it starts with "YOU" and me.
But likewise, we cannot roll over and let 'other' peeps, make the rules for us.
What does it take? A rather LARGE contingent of peeps, making a big azzed noise, in UNISON.

For those of you who posted, "F*ck New York". Food for thought:
They came after the Jews. They hollered and sreamed, but we didn't do anything, we were Lutherans.
They came after the gypsies. They hollered and screamed, but we didn't do anything, we were Lutherans.
They came after the Catholics. They holllered and screamed, but we didn't do anything, we were Lutherans.
They came after US Lutherans, and we hollered and screamed. BUT there was no one left to hear us.
Think 'bout that, before you sell your neighbor down the river.

Old 12-11-2008 | 11:05 AM
tima
Elite HDF Member

+1 Gumby! Well said... (as usuall).

Old 12-11-2008 | 11:19 AM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army

If a bike gets seized for pipes... there just might be a wee bit of a Consitutional issue to be raised if you asked the judge how many cars and trucks are being towed in his/her jurisdiction due to mufflers.

Resurrecting an idea about how wacky this country has become and how much worse it is absolutely going to get: Let's all pitch in some coin and buy Idaho and rename it Freestate and return to the old values, freedoms and laws.

Old 12-11-2008 | 11:25 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

Excellent idea, I'm in! We'll be known as a blood red state!

Originally Posted by Big Sled
Resurrecting an idea about how wacky this country has become and how much worse it is absolutely going to get: Let's all pitch in some coin and buy Idaho and rename it Freestate and return to the old values, freedoms and laws.

Old 12-11-2008 | 11:33 AM
84FXST
Cruiser

That's bull$h!t... who the fack are they to take someone's bike. My bike is loud so you just get to take my $20K machine. So that makes it fair cause you look funny I get to punch you in the friggen face. I love how the BS rules just get made up. This is infuriating, I am surprised this hasn't passed in Taxachusetts yet. I swear if it does I will be going to jail, cause they ain't just taking my bike from me without a fight! Man now I am pissed off.

Old 12-11-2008 | 11:34 AM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by confederate
I agree completely. Screw new york. They have no one to blame but themselves for this. Look at the politicians they keep electing. Soon they will tell you when you can drop a deuce. Good riddance gotham.
Oh don't you worry, one by one all the states will pass the same laws....the only difference will be who enforces it more than others.

The Europeans must be reading this thread and shaking their heads....example...German: Stock exhaust or no bike! France & England: you can get away with it, but you need to put the stock exhaust back on for inspections...and so forth

its going to happen here in the states, too many goodie goodie 2 shoes lobbing for crap like that....all those silly parents, and there like, that voted against "Kiss" and "Twisted Sister" are behind this

Quick Reply: NYC to begin seizing loud bikes - EPA stickers soon required