General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NYC to begin seizing loud bikes - EPA stickers soon required

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008 | 08:31 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior

The funny part about this is we, that's the people, are the driving force behind this or any other law. In other words, we allow it to happen because we don't watch what our local or for that matter state and federal representatives do. Quite often they, the representatives, will do these things with no public comment period at all and this is the worst part. Ya gotta watch those idiots folks or you could be faced with BS laws you don't want simply because they sneak it in there on the blind side.

The Kentucky law relative to sound or noise is pretty straight forward, you can not change the exhaust in a manner that would increase the sound level at all. Problem is, that law is not enforced and mainly because there are a huge number of cops that ride bikes.

Old 12-11-2008 | 08:31 AM
cruzin papa
Road Captain

We are losing our freedom brothers little by little. I'm so tired of these so call good doers telling us what is better for us. No loud pipes, no smoking, wear your seat belt, wear you helmet ect, ect. I think we should start a campaign called " LEAVE US THE F$&K ALONE".

Old 12-11-2008 | 08:38 AM
confederate
Most Wanted

Originally Posted by cruzin papa
We are losing our freedom brothers little by little. I'm so tired of these so call good doers telling us what is better for us. No loud pipes, no smoking, wear your seat belt, wear you helmet ect, ect. I think we should start a campaign called " LEAVE US THE F$&K ALONE".
I agree completely. Screw new york. They have no one to blame but themselves for this. Look at the politicians they keep electing. Soon they will tell you when you can drop a deuce. Good riddance gotham.

Old 12-11-2008 | 08:42 AM
7/11 The Crapshooter
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cruzin papa
I think we should start a campaign called " LEAVE US THE F$&K ALONE".
That should have been started before they started writing the laws in the first place.

Old 12-11-2008 | 08:57 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member

Serves ya right for living in that dump in the first place......

I personally hope this negatively effects everyone that ever even considered voting for Charles Schumer.

<dropping for cover>

Old 12-11-2008 | 09:04 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by loudguy_w_louderpipe
Yet in NY they will let Cabbies & everyone else honk their horn in traffic.

Sure am glad I don't live in NY.
My loud pipes would get me in all kinds of trouble.

Maybe the PO's & what not should focus on gang bangers w/ guns & leave the loud pipes people alone.
When is the last time loud pipes killed anyone?
I think the new ordinance is BS.

However, from what I hear Manhattan has enacted and strictly enforces a "no honk" policy for cars. and cabbies in particular. Was there a few month ago visiting my daughter and I noticed how quiet the traffic was. She told me about the policy and the streets are a lot quieter.

Sammi

Old 12-11-2008 | 09:08 AM
steelhorse 1971
Tourer

What a bunch of crap.Our founding fathers would turn over in their graves if they could see this country now.

Old 12-11-2008 | 09:09 AM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

More repression by the "Man". Viva la revolution!!!!

Old 12-11-2008 | 09:23 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

This has nothing to do with noise and everything to do with money. These nitwits figured out they can steal peoples bikes under the guise of a "noise problem", but all they really want are the fines and the money they can get selling your bike.

Like I always say....politicians are a half a step above child molesters on the food chain.

Old 12-11-2008 | 09:44 AM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member

It must really suck to live in NYC. I mean, there's no hand guns, **** fighting, NASCAR, decent BBQ or Mexican food. What the hell is there to do for entertainment?

Quick Reply: NYC to begin seizing loud bikes - EPA stickers soon required