General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(OLD THREAD 2 YEARS) New pics of a few upgrades...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 12:33 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New pics of a few upgrades...

Nice scoot, I think my wife would like the Deluxe. It was yuckey here today, rain rain rain, yesterday and the day before. I hate it.

Ride safe
John TN

Old 04-02-2005, 12:37 AM
Phantomryder
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice ride, gonna get me a springer deluxe someday.....Keep the pics coming.
Ride Safe

Old 04-02-2005, 12:55 AM
Markcuda
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very, very cool lookin' bike[8D]
What are them rear foot pegs for?[sm=bling.gif]

Old 04-02-2005, 02:01 AM
whiplush
Tourer

Edit: chop about 4" off that windshield and I bet you'll be amazed at the functionality and mostly, LOOKS! I had a stripped '72 FLH, lowered with a full shield... nice. Got wrecked so upon the rebuild I replaced it with a chopped shield it was GREAT! I could tell vertually no difference in it's functionality but the looks improved dramatically.
Wish I'd have heard that before I got the big windshield cuz' they make a shorter version thats smoked. I was taking a beating riding without a windshield so I figured the bigger the better. Be cool if I could just buy the lexan part of the short windshield at a discount so I could swap em out. Too expensive to buy the whole thing again. The windshield comes with the mount and she ain't cheap!

Old 04-02-2005, 02:19 AM
whiplush
Tourer

I moved the post here since you're not really a NEW member anymore...anyone that takes pics and posts them like that is a pro!
I'm a forum junkie, I confess. I think the first one was a CB forum, then a Epox motherboard forum (overclocking research), then a forum for an online game I played for a few years (not real proud of that, I was addicted to that game like heroine), then the Home Theater Forum (which I still peek at occasionally), and a few forums I just passed through a few times for info. You can really learn alot from forums, there's always guys like Skip that have done it all. I usually soak up all the knowledge I can till I get tired of it, but I don't see me gettin' tired of my bike and hearing about all the bikes you guys have! I'm also a big time uneducated computer geek, been messing with them for about 10 years now.

Old 04-02-2005, 02:25 AM
whiplush
Tourer

What are them rear foot pegs for?
Well I have a wife.... for now.... that may use them rear pegs. She wanted me to buy her a new car when I paid off my truck but I bought a Harley instead so I may not be married much longer! The pegs were in the down position just for the pictures so you could tell what they were, but I'm gonna have to figure out a way to get em' tighter. They are alot heavier than the factory pegs and the wind kinda pushes em' and they won't stay all the way up.

Old 04-02-2005, 02:36 AM
00hawg
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very, very, sweet bike.

Old 04-02-2005, 12:43 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: whiplush

Edit: chop about 4" off that windshield and I bet you'll be amazed at the functionality and mostly, LOOKS! I had a stripped '72 FLH, lowered with a full shield... nice. Got wrecked so upon the rebuild I replaced it with a chopped shield it was GREAT! I could tell vertually no difference in it's functionality but the looks improved dramatically.
Wish I'd have heard that before I got the big windshield cuz' they make a shorter version thats smoked. I was taking a beating riding without a windshield so I figured the bigger the better. Be cool if I could just buy the lexan part of the short windshield at a discount so I could swap em out. Too expensive to buy the whole thing again. The windshield comes with the mount and she ain't cheap!
You can just buy the lexan and replace the plastic only, as long as the windshield frame matches. Look in the Harley big book.

Old 04-02-2005, 03:34 PM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice job.

Old 04-02-2005, 04:49 PM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sweetness!

Beautiful ride, tastefully done.

Quick Reply: (OLD THREAD 2 YEARS) New pics of a few upgrades...