General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crap. it happend!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006 | 09:52 PM
06DEUCE
|
Road Captain
Default crap. it happend!

It all started when i pushed my bike out of the garage started it up, and let it warm up. i went for a ride and stopped at a friends house an shut my bike off. later when i was ready to leave i realize i dont have my key! and i have my damn bike set on auto arm mode! plus i can't remeber how to disarm without the key fab...embarrasing! has anyone ever done that? believe me it won't happen again....

Old 04-09-2006 | 10:01 PM
Edmo
Road Master
Default RE: crap. it happend!

There was a little card in my owners manual which you can record the turn-signal sequence to turn your alarm off. It also has the instructions on how to make it work.

I don't have mine set to "AUTO", but use the key fob to set my alarm almost everywhere I stop. For the time my fob battery dies, I keep that card stashed in my wallet so I hopefully will not run into the same situation...

Edmo

Old 04-09-2006 | 10:06 PM
stevent
Road Master

The alarm system is a pain in the ***. When I changed the ignition module in mine I had to re set the stupid thing, it's like turn the key on and off twice, push the turn signal buttons, wait ten minutes, repeat within 30 seconds, wait another ten minutes, repeat the button pushing, wait another ten... what a pain. I leave mine disabled

Old 04-09-2006 | 10:20 PM
Toytech
Tourer

Yes the alarm system is a pain in the back side especially when you forget to disarm it, climb on and take it off the side stand. You can't duck low enough or get the fob out of your pocket fast enough.

Joe

Old 04-09-2006 | 10:27 PM
KBES BAGGER
Road Master

Them alarm thing's have a auto setting?

KB

Old 04-09-2006 | 10:30 PM
Harley Al
Road Captain

The Dealer set the code....you need to call them for the code they set for that Dealership on your bike!

It might be a 4.. 4 click on both sides but just one at a time left then right....and when you find the code....reset it so you only know and wont forget it!

Ride Safe!

Old 04-09-2006 | 10:40 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: crap. it happened!

One reason all my Friends told me not the get the security system. Glad I listened.

Old 04-09-2006 | 10:48 PM
Basz
Road Master

I just got my bike. I took the time to re-code it and practiced unlocking it manually using the turn signals.

Thanks for the heads up - I think I will unlock it manually once a week just so I remember.
Just in case!

Old 04-09-2006 | 11:00 PM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member

Has not happened to me but no auto alarm for me ever. Have seen friends have this happen!!

Old 04-09-2006 | 11:03 PM
sultan
Tourer

Has not happened to me, but once again this forum has helped me to learn something.

Quick Reply: crap. it happend!