General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride out the auction till the end or cancel it and sell all for a decent price?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 11:25 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Ride out the auction till the end or cancel it and sell all for a decent price?

I got an ebay auction going for wheels and tires. auction number 290280007333. Anyway, I am trying to figure out if I should sell for a decent price as I got totally hooked up with these wheels or hold out for maximum dollar. As any who has been here for a while knows, money is not something I have a lot of. No shame in my game. I want to get new fat spoke wheels and this would provide the funds to do so. But then I still gotta get tires and rotors. Rotors are $55 each. No biggee, but the tires are the pricey part. Another $250 or so. So what do I do? Never have been to good with financial decisions and that is why I am asking...There are 2 bids on the wheels with the tires only, but I know most people wait till the last minute to bid. There are 10 people watching the auction.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:27 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

It's only money

Old 12-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Marblemania
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

Quit whining. You put them up for "Auction" or don't you understand the word?

Old 12-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Javawave
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you didnt put a minimun on them and they have placed a bid, you have no right to cancel the auction. If you did put a min and they havent reached it, ride it out. Maybe you will get what you said you had to have with the min or they wont sell.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're gonna do it, you better do it within the next 15 hours.

Check ebay's listing info on ending a listing:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html

Old 12-06-2008, 12:00 PM
anubisss
Banned

Just asking for advice and true it is only money. Gonna cancel it and they are sold. I can get my rims and and rotors. All I need to do is get the tires. It's all good.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:20 PM
wallyn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like you wrote it up incorrectly. According to the listing It thinks you have two 2 sets.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...07333&viewitem=

Old 12-06-2008, 12:32 PM
anubisss
Banned

Yeah I put that cause there are 2 wheels. D'oh.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:49 PM
FXSTDSE2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would only change the 2 available thing. I would ride it out unless you have someone offering you considerably more then $610. I would try to get the winner to buy the rotors and pulley even if I had to discount them just a little. I would have put more pics in the listing along with one of the rotors and pulley. JMO

Old 12-06-2008, 02:30 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by anubisss
Yeah I put that cause there are 2 wheels. D'oh.
What's with the DUH, (at least that is what I think you meant) But I have to agree with wallyn and FXSTDSE2 Sounds like you have 2 sets available not front and rear. When I clicked the link saw that the auction had ended so I presume that you still have the wheels, tires, whatever since there were no bids. Do yourself a favor and think of ebay as a place to dump the parts you took off your scoot and price accordingly. Think of it this way, if you didn't like them why think others will at a big asking price. I have a few things for sale now, takes offs some are high dollar HD items that I have replaced with something I like better I would like to make a fortune on them but it ain't gonna happen, but they are off the shelf and another rider got them cheaper than new

Quick Reply: Ride out the auction till the end or cancel it and sell all for a decent price?