General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H.D. An American Original "Made in China"

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 12:09 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

[QUOTE=extech;4192939]
Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
There is no union label on my Harley.

Look a little closer, there is a UAW logo on your downtube sticker

Well time to get out the razor knife........

Old 12-04-2008, 12:30 PM
K00LJerk
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMHO its a non issue because there is no such thing as a completely 100% American made product. Consumers vote their wallet so stores like Walmart win because of smart strategy.
I'm not going to agonize about it because why should America only prosper? nearly 100% of these computers we type on are chips from overseas, so I'm gonna stop using a computer? We will never go back to the industrial society that we once were and no citizen of this country wants that kind of job anymore. Thats progress I guess

Old 12-04-2008, 03:37 PM
dh2683
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=KBFXDLI;4193487]
Originally Posted by extech

Well time to get out the razor knife........
You still only seeing what suits your needs huh. I thought you were running from that Union Label.What a hypocrite.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:22 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

[QUOTE=dh2683;4194203]

You still only seeing what suits your needs huh. I thought you were running from that Union Label.What a hypocrite.
Dude: I worked in the brick trades for 10 years out of high school...both as a union bricklayer & laborer AFL-CIO. My Dad worked for the GM retail sector for 40 years...it says Chevrolet (Father's place of employment) on my birth certificate. SO I have "walked in the shoes". Unions have sucked the competitive life out of the Big 3 and all the while threatened to shut down their ailing employer......now they want the American taxpayer to pay for them or they will crash our economy? You are an overpaid dead dinosaur...you just haven't dropped over yet.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:04 PM
dh2683
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=KBFXDLI;4194706]
Originally Posted by dh2683

Dude: I worked in the brick trades for 10 years out of high school...both as a union bricklayer & laborer AFL-CIO. My Dad worked for the GM retail sector for 40 years...it says Chevrolet (Father's place of employment) on my birth certificate. SO I have "walked in the shoes". Unions have sucked the competitive life out of the Big 3 and all the while threatened to shut down their ailing employer......now they want the American taxpayer to pay for them or they will crash our economy? You are an overpaid dead dinosaur...you just haven't dropped over yet.
You keep talking abought the Big 3. I'm talking Abought the "SKILLED TRADES" and how you lump ALL Unions as bad. I hate to burst your bubble but everything you have as a job benefit in the non union sector came as a result of a Union fighting for it.Just open a History book & read it. I still think you should sell that Union Built HD since you" run when you see a union label". As far as The American Taxpayer bailout-- When Wallstreet puts there hand out for free money the American Taxpayer can't give it to them fast enough but when Mainstreet USA asks FOR A FRICKIN LOAN the rules are totally different. The only hypocrite bigger than you are the people passing out all the FREE TAXPAYER MONEY to WALL STREET. I'm not going to argue with you anymore. You only want to listen to yourself & I can tell your always right.

By the way, I ain't your dude!

Old 12-05-2008, 08:11 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

[QUOTE=dh2683;4194895]

I hate to burst your bubble but everything you have as a job benefit in the non union sector came as a result of a Union fighting for it.
Sorry, but that old union wives tale is just not true. Our society owes nothing to today's unions. That is totally BS as non-union workers are just as skilled. You are just pizzed off because people are sick of underwriting high costs from union workers who are still claiming they created all the labor benefits from the industrial revolution in America that was over in 1940. That was then and this is now. All I have is debt from poor workmanship at the UAW. I have been on both sides of this fence and I wouldn't give you $.02 for any union worker. BTW, I pay for ALL of my benefits.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:01 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My two cents worth of opinion - you can pretty much blame just about everyone in this country for this mess. From government, manufacturers, and to consumers who want products as cheap as possible regardless it's manufactured in a Chinese sweat shop. We started mortgaging our future about 20 years ago and the payments are now due. And now our government, who's basically broke, is handing out trillions by printing more money to greedy banks and mortgage lenders. I read there's 40-60 trillion dollars of bad mortgages and credit default swaps out there and 2009 is going to be worst than 2008. I believe it.

Last edited by barjbar; 12-05-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:44 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Union, like soviet union, like commun-ism. just puts money in lazy fat cats pockets and gives (this brain has never been used)workers a false sense of security....lets see...the real power of a union to strike,,,ok,,,no work,,,kinda like a lay off. unions can get you shot, beaten up, etc.....why are unions always tied to organized crime. why were they tied to communism in europe in the '30's fast forward to today...i see union presidents driving BMW's and lexus...why not a ford or chevy???? they drive the hand that feeds them out of business and whine about trivial issues while the laborer is getting hosed....yeah my opinion is that a labor shop sucks....i would rather work for myself...