General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poor HD Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 12:40 PM
jddrouin
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor HD Customer Service

Why is HD so dismissive of their customers?

I have dealt with dealers in Houston, New York, and several international locations, and have never felt as if HD was in the least concerned about their after-sales performance. Right now, I have over $1,100 of parts and accessories on order, and cannot get a simple answer when the order is going to ship.

In the past 9 months, I've spent right at $50k with HD, and if I've known then what I know now, I would not have bought an HD.

And no, I'm not a rep from another bike company badmouthing HD - my and my bike's details and purchasing history are on file with HD - I am simply relaying my experiences with HD. And, from my conversations with other HOG members, my experiences are far from singular.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:00 PM
krusr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some dealers take very good care of their customers some some could give a sheet.

That's just one reason to learn to do as much work on your bike as you can and what you can't, farm out to a good indy.

Just my .02,

Krusr

Old 11-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Juno
Banned

Originally Posted by krusr
Some dealers take very good care of their customers some some could give a sheet.

That's just one reason to learn to do as much work on your bike as you can and what you can't, farm out to a good indy.

Just my .02,

Krusr
That pretty much sums it up.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:08 PM
bandit31
Cruiser

Customer service in general is going down the tubes in all industries. Anymore its take a chance with who you do business with.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:23 PM
Norwegian
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Poor Service

Well, even HD themselves have prooved to give bad service.

I imported 03 Road King from Texas to Norway last April. I needed some technical information in order to get it licensed in Norway and adressed HD through the internet service they have.

They then asked me for proof of ownership for the bike and I e-mailed the papers to them. The answer back was since the Title on the papers wasn`t in my name they could not provide this information back to me.

I then asked the seller, who lives in Texas, if he could send the request to HD, since the Title papers was in his name. The answer HD gave him was since he was not the present owner,they could not give him the information.

I then asked HD what I could do to obtain the information I need to get the bike licensed in Norway. The answer then was that I needed to go to the local dealer and request the informaton through them. The only issue then is that they will charge me around US$ 5000,- for this!!

So what do a poor guy do?? Well sign up here and ask for help was one option, and it seems that this might help, at least with one of the issues
(Better now Medifrost?)

Last edited by Norwegian; 11-30-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Norwegian
Well, even HD themselves have prooved to give bad service.

I imported 03 Road King from Texas to Norway last April. I needed some technical information in order to get it liecnsed in Norway and adressed HDthrough then internet service the have.

They then asked me for proof of ownership of the bike and I passed that over to them. The answer back was that since the Title was not in my name they could not provide this information to me.

I then aksed the seller in Texas to send the request to HD since the Title was in his name. The answer he got was that since he was not the present owner they could not give him the information.

I then asked them what i could do to get the inforamtion that I need to get the bike licensed in Norway. The answer was then that I needed to go to the local dealer and request the informaton through them. The only issue then is that they will charge me around US$ 5000,- for this operation!!

So what do a poor guy do?? Well sign up here and ask for help is one option and it seems that this might help, at least with one of the issues
It's funny, but I couldn't understand your post until I read it to myself with a Norwegian accent, and then it made total sense.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Norwegian
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Reading ability

Originally Posted by Medicfrost
It's funny, but I couldn't understand your post until I read it to myself with a Norwegian accent, and then it made total sense.
Glad to see you are able to read

Is my English better than your Norwegian

Old 11-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Beattle55
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why bash the guy?

Old 11-30-2008, 02:21 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts
Smile

You have to spend at least $100K, then they start to take care of you.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:22 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The dealership I bought mine from sales and salesman are excellent, parts dept and personnel, excellent, service department awful. If I can't fix it myself, I take it to an indy who does a better job at half the price.

Quick Reply: Poor HD Customer Service