General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poor HD Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 05:06 AM
Mathews2
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluesssman
My local dealer make me feel like I was an important part of their family when they sold me my Road Glide. Once they got my money that ended. The service is terrible, the parts people don't know anything that is not in their catalog and their service department really sucks.
Ditto, just insert street glide for road glide, and my experience would be the same.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:20 AM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mathews2
Ditto, just insert street glide for road glide, and my experience would be the same.
HoD ??

No run ins with service yet , tho' I did let them do the 1k and I think I paid $280 for an oil change and a clutch adjustment , and nothing more ..

I just got a plaque from the with a picture of the bike in front of the dealership and every week I get a card for a 15% discount ..

What little buying , I have been doing in Montgomery , closer , and know most of the people there ..

Old 12-01-2008, 08:27 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts
Thumbs up Sums it all up for me..

Originally Posted by barjbar
The dealership I bought mine from sales and salesman are excellent, parts dept and personnel, excellent, service department awful. If I can't fix it myself, I take it to an indy who does a better job at half the price.

Exactly what I am going through right now on the New 08 .. Giving them one shot at service ( Promised things to be added when bought it ) If they work on it like they have lalligagged getting the parts to do it Adios dealership Fortunately have a Good Indy close By and 2 other dealers to choose from should Warranty work need to be done ..

Old 12-01-2008, 08:40 AM
jefnightrain
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Different dealers, different customer service. Was out in Ohio in Sept. (where the economy is lousy) Went to 2 dealers in Cincin. area to buy shirts. While walking around, salesman don't even act like they know you are there.
Have been in dealerships in Lancaster PA & a couple in Delaware & they act like you are the long lost best friend stopping by. If I was buying a new bike, I would go where they at least appreciate you coming in.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your plight seems about normal for most dealers, once they get the cash it's who are you? 1 parts counter salesman said if it were not for these dumb azz customers this would be a great job, I have not returned to bother him again.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:19 AM
WildBill_50
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Reading these posts I'm begining to think I'm Fortunate. I bought my sporty used so there wasn't a dealer involved and an Indy has done my service. But each time the wife or I have dealt with HD of Atlanta we have gotten great service from both parts and motor clothes.

I have ordered parts over the phone and everytime they call to let me know they are in. In fact when the wife was shopping for my anniversary gift she went in with out a clue as to what she was doing so she went up to David in parts and he helped her get exactly what she was looking for with out any extra cost or items she didn't need. The only thing was they called when the order came in, you guessed it, I answered the phone! so much for the surprise.

When I go in to look around I'm always asked by everyone if they can help me. It has just been a nice experience everytime I go in there. So not all dealership are created equal.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Scurvy Jack
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

You just have to figure out how to get on the service guys good side. My service dept. mgr. is a hot rod/drag race nut that I overheard one day was looking for a late '60's Firebird. I spent a week looking and found him a '68 Firebird real cheap and in good shape. Told him about it, took him up to look at it and he bought it on the spot.
Now when I show up for parts/service, he's all over it and walks it through personally to make sure its done, then he calls me and lets me know its ready to go.....

Old 12-01-2008, 10:34 AM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man it seems like the dealer I bought mine from is probably one of a few that actually gives a **** about their customers. I walk in the place and everyone from service to parts to sales knows my name and I'm always greeted with a hand shake. When I bought mine I put about 400miles on it and noticed the inner primary was leaking. So I was nearby the dealer and stopped by,parked in front went in and seen my sales guy and told him about my problem and I was told to take it right back to the service dept. They took it right in and fixed the problem. They always have coffee and homemade cookies and cake for the customers, always have something going on for charity,sales guys aren't all over you when you walk in. One of the best dealers around.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:42 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

Gasoline Alley in Red Deer Alberta. No problems so far.They like me, I like them.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:59 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dealerships are like ex-wives. Some of them you can talk to and some of them you can't. Some of them you like to visit and some of them make you feel unwelcome. The good thing about ex -wives and ex- dealerships is that there are no shortages of either. Shop around.

Quick Reply: Poor HD Customer Service