General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poor HD Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 02:28 PM
ranman469
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i bought from Chester's hd in mesa AZ. firstly due to their customer service. everyone is selling the same thing so it boils down to service.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

medicfrost, you is hilarious!

Old 11-30-2008, 07:57 PM
url8
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JDD thats a shame. My dealer is fantastic in both the sales department as well as the service department!! I have bought 3 Harley's from these folks over the years and wouldn't go anywhere else. You need to find some folks that will take care of you to your standard and take your business there.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,126 Likes on 7,340 Posts

I've switched and found a very good independent where all the folks have factory training but want to provide service also.

Works for me.

HD and it's dealers have got fat & happy $$$ and have forgot the lean times.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:45 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

The sad thing is HD knows these are discretionary purchases. Nobody needs to own a HD Motor cycle but you need a Stove or Refrierator. We go there hat in hand and they bend us over because we let them.

It sad because so many American Businesses have never paid attention to their customers and lose site of who really pays their tab. (i.e GM, Ford, Crysler)

I can tell you the HD dealers are working for their numbers now.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:55 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Let me see here... you spend $50,000 with HD, and you call to get a projected delivery date on $1,100 in parts you're waiting for, and they can't give you a specific date. ... so you're pissed at HD and wouldn't have bought one if you knew they would be unable to give you a specific ship date on this order.

Have you had any other "problems" with HD?

Old 11-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My local dealer make me feel like I was an important part of their family when they sold me my Road Glide. Once they got my money that ended. The service is terrible, the parts people don't know anything that is not in their catalog and their service department really sucks.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:32 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jddrouin
Why is HD so dismissive of their customers?

I have dealt with dealers in Houston, New York, and several international locations, and have never felt as if HD was in the least concerned about their after-sales performance. Right now, I have over $1,100 of parts and accessories on order, and cannot get a simple answer when the order is going to ship.

In the past 9 months, I've spent right at $50k with HD, and if I've known then what I know now, I would not have bought an HD.

And no, I'm not a rep from another bike company badmouthing HD - my and my bike's details and purchasing history are on file with HD - I am simply relaying my experiences with HD. And, from my conversations with other HOG members, my experiences are far from singular.

Your point is valid. And those dealerships exist. I never stepped foot into a dealership for over 20 years as a consequence but with my recent purchase and upgrade in technology I've been to dealers on a number of occasions. Manchester HD, Meridith, Granite State, Bangor and Sheltons of Goldsboro and have been very happy with their attention to my concerns and issues. I do not have any trustable Indies near me.

I suggest keep searching till you find one close to you or reachable until you do.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Juno
Banned

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
Let me see here... you spend $50,000 with HD, and you call to get a projected delivery date on $1,100 in parts you're waiting for, and they can't give you a specific date. ... so you're pissed at HD and wouldn't have bought one if you knew they would be unable to give you a specific ship date on this order.

Have you had any other "problems" with HD?
Kind of puts things in perspective.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:39 AM
Mad Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by Juno
Kind of puts things in perspective.
I notice the guy is in Qatar so spending $50k on a Harley ain't too hard. $11k on accessories isn't gettin' him much either though I notice there's only 1 dealership there, I guess when there's no competition they can treat you any way they want Here in NL there are 11 dealers in a pretty small geographic area. Seeing as how they are making their money on service and accessories they've got to really scramble to keep clients from jumpin' ship.

Quick Reply: Poor HD Customer Service